CHICAGO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--BDO USA, LLP, one of the nation’s leading professional service organizations, today announced an expansion into Pittsburgh through the addition of 250 partners and staff formerly with Alpern Rosenthal. A top 100 accounting firm, founded in 1961, Alpern Rosenthal is one of the largest firms in Pittsburgh and brings additional staff in Philadelphia and South Florida to BDO. The firm provides a full range of accounting and consulting services to a diversified client base of privately-held and public companies in the construction, manufacturing, medical, high-technology, nonprofit, professional services, real estate, retail and wholesale industries. The combination of BDO and Alpern Rosenthal is effective December 16.
“I want to welcome all of the partners and staff of Alpern Rosenthal to BDO. Alpern Rosenthal's prominent position and deep community ties provides us with an ideal entry point into the Pittsburgh market,” said Wayne Berson, CEO of BDO USA. "Alpern's entrepreneurial culture, commitment to superior client service and work life balance made them a natural cultural fit with BDO. Combined with other recent additions our firm has made in Anchorage, McLean, Minneapolis, Philadelphia and San Antonio, this is powerful evidence that our growth strategy is continuing to gain momentum around the country."
Alexander Paul, who joined Alpern Rosenthal in 1983 and was named president of the firm in 1998, will serve as the Managing Partner of the Pittsburgh office of BDO USA. Margaret J. Tanney, who has more than 25 years of experience in public accounting, will be responsible for managing the Pittsburgh assurance practice, and Celeste M. Suchko, who joined the firm in 1994, will manage the tax practice. Brandon Otis will lead the business valuation and litigation support practices for BDO Consulting in the Pittsburgh market.
“We are extremely excited to be joining BDO USA, a national firm with a very compatible practice philosophy and culture to our own,” said Alexander Paul. "With our entire staff moving to BDO, our clients will still receive the local, hands-on service they have always valued from our firm, but will now have access to a wider array of services, broad industry experience and the resources of BDO’s extensive global network. These expanded resources will help our clients grow and become even more successful.”
Alpern Rosenthal has been recognized by numerous business and industry publications for its rapid growth and workplace accomplishments. It has been named one of the “Best of the Best” managed firms by Inside Public Accounting, a "Top 100 Firm" by Accounting Today and one of "Pittsburgh's Top Workplaces" by the Pittsburgh Post Gazette.
- BDO USA has been serving clients for more than 100 years since its founding in 1910 (as Seidman & Seidman).
- BDO USA has approximately 3,700 staff around the country and 430 in the state of Pennsylvania serving businesses and individuals.
- As of December 16, BDO will have 52 offices and more than 400 independent alliance firm locations around the country.
- BDO represents companies ranging from closely-held private businesses to leading non-profits to Fortune 500 multinationals.
- BDO USA has industry practices specialized in serving businesses in the construction, energy, financial institutions, government contracting, healthcare, insurance, manufacturing, nonprofit, private equity, real estate, retail and technology sectors.
- BDO has been named a Best Company by Working Mother Magazine for three consecutive years and been recognized with the Alfred P. Sloan Award for Business Excellence in Workplace Flexibility for five consecutive years.
- As an independent member of BDO International Limited (the fifth largest global network of accounting firms), the firm can leverage the resources of more than 1,200 member firm offices in 138 countries around the world.
About BDO USA
BDO is the brand name for BDO USA, LLP, a U.S. professional services firm providing assurance, tax, financial advisory and consulting services to a wide range of publicly traded and privately held companies. For more than 100 years, BDO has provided quality service through the active involvement of experienced and committed professionals. The firm serves clients through 52 offices and more than 400 independent alliance firm locations nationwide. As an independent Member Firm of BDO International Limited, BDO serves multi-national clients through a global network of 1,264 offices in 144 countries.
BDO USA, LLP, a Delaware limited liability partnership, is the U.S. member of BDO International Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, and forms part of the international BDO network of independent member firms. BDO is the brand name for the BDO network and for each of the BDO Member Firms. For more information please visit: www.bdo.com.