GALWAY, Ireland--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Aerogen, a medical device and drug delivery company has been honoured as the Medical Technology Company of the Year Award 2013. Aerogen’s patented vibrating mesh technology turns liquid medication into a fine particle mist, gently and effectively delivering drugs to the lungs of critically ill patients. The award is in recognition of Aerogen’s strategic vision which has seen the company build and sustain global business growth by delivering innovative and cost-effective solutions to healthcare providers.
The award is a promoted by Irish Medical Device Association (IMDA), Enterprise Ireland and the IDA for the medical technology sector in Ireland and is aimed at promoting and recognising outstanding performance in quality of products and services, innovation and marketing, sales and business development, customer care and professional development of staff.
“It is a great honour for Aerogen to be recognised as the Medical Technology Company of the Year 2013. As an Irish owned company we are immensely proud of the fact that our life saving products is sold in over sixty countries around the world and that today Aerogen is a recognised global brand leader in acute-care aerosol drug delivery” John Power, CEO, Aerogen commented.
From Aerogen’s MBO through to its repatriation of the manufacturing process the company has implemented strategies to drive global business growth from its Galway base. Through its high performance team the company has created a holistic approach to medical device business development encompassing sales, marketing, engineering, manufacturing and customer care. Aerogen will continue to grow and prosper and be an Irish Medical Device success story.
Aerogen’s products are now used in Intensive Care Units in more than 60 countries around the globe, providing optimum care to the most critical patients from pre-term babies to adults. As the company continues to grow and prosper, the impact of Aerogen’s success can be seen from the 1,000,000 patients who have benefited from the superior performance of Aerogen products.
- Aerogen is an international medical device and drug delivery company specialising in the design, manufacture and marketing of nebulisation systems aimed at the critical care respiratory market. Aerogen’s patented vibrating mesh aerosol technology lies at the heart of its category-leading drug delivery systems.
- Founded in Galway in 1997, Aerogen has grown to become the global leader in acute care aerosol drug delivery equipment. Today its Aeroneb® products play a critical role in treating patients on life-support ventilation in over 65 countries worldwide, and are now finding growing use in home care respiratory medicine.
- Aerogen employs a fast-growing team of more than 60 graduates, predominantly with qualifications in Science, Engineering and Business disciplines and many to PhD level.
- Aerogen is a dynamic and evolving company, focusing on innovative products that create new market opportunities. This innovative approach has seen Aerogen register over 40 international patents and continually develop new products, leading the way in the aerosolised drug delivery market.
- The company also partners with pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies to develop and deliver superior inhaled drug candidates utilising its proprietary vibrating mesh aerosol generator technology platform.