TORONTO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Wi2Wi Corporation ("Wi2Wi" or the "Company") (TSX-V: YTY) (Common Shares: 81,544,306) is pleased to announce that it has completed major design wins in the connected vehicle markets with several blue-chip customers. These Design Wins fall into three major categories:  In-vehicle Hotspot and Networking,  Connected Vehicle Diagnostics Tools,  Connected Vehicle Infrastructure.
1. Wi2Wi's Design Win's for In-Vehicle moving Hotspot and Networking include
* The Leading business-class fleet management company deploying Wi2Wi's WiFi-Bluetooth System-in-a-Package (SiP) product in-dash, for moving hotspot functionality inside the vehicle as well as reducing operational costs via Automation for hourly, daily, & weekly rentals. The expected initial phase is up to approximately 500,000 units, with an upside potential of a total of up to 1 million units for the existing fleets worldwide.
* A Leading European Auto Manufacturer deploying Wi2Wi's WiFi SiP product in-dash, for Infotainment functionality inside the vehicle as well as reducing operational costs.
2. Wi2Wi's Design Win's for Connected Vehicle Diagnostics Tools include
* A global leader in Auto Diagnostics Solutions and Auto Parts deploying Wi2Wi's Industrial-Class WiFi-Bluetooth product private-branded for a Top-Tier Japanese Auto Manufacturer. Wi2Wi's customer has strong relationships with Major vehicle manufacturers worldwide. Wi2Wi's solution provides the wireless connectivity for this portable technicians' diagnostics tools within Dealerships and Repair Stations premises, enabling instant access to the local-area, cloud-based, & web-based information infrastructure & services, as well as data uploads from the device, improving the operational efficiencies of the technical staff.
* A leading global innovator, manufacturer and marketer of tools,
diagnostics and repair information and systems solutions for independent Auto Repair Shops, deploying Wi2Wi's 802.11n SiP for technician Auto-diagnostic tools. Wi2Wi has multiple Design Win's with this customer.
3. Wi2Wi's Design Win's for Connected Vehicle Infrastructure include
* One of the largest infrastructure Companies in the world deploying Wi2Wi's Industrial-Class WiFi-Bluetooth for both the Commercial as well as the Residential Charge stations for Electric Vehicles.
Dr. Reza Ahy, Chief Executive Officer will be presenting at the 2013 International Conference on Connected Vehicles & Expo on December 4th, 2013, highlighting Wi2Wi's significant progress in this market.
Wi2Wi is a leader in industrial-class WiFi, WiFi-Bluetooth and GPS system-in-a-package (SiPs). Wi2Wi focuses on industrial (including Automotive), medical, infrastructure (including smart-home/smart building) and government markets worldwide. Wi2Wi's products and value-added services provide highly integrated, multifunctional wireless sub systems as complete wireless connectivity solutions for the Machine-to-Machine (M2M) and portable device applications globally.
For further information, please contact:
Dr. Reza Ahy
Chief Executive Officer
(408) - 416-4200
Forward-Looking Statements: This news release contains certain forward-looking statements, including management's assessment of future plans and operations, and the timing thereof, that involve substantial known and unknown risks and uncertainties, certain of which are beyond the Company's control. Such risks and uncertainties include, without limitation, risks associated with oil and gas exploration, development, exploitation, production, marketing and transportation, loss of markets, volatility of commodity prices, currency fluctuations, imprecision of reserve estimates, environmental risks, competition from other producers, inability to retain drilling rigs and other services, delays resulting from or inability to obtain required regulatory approvals and ability to access sufficient capital from internal and external sources, the impact of general economic conditions in Canada, the United States and overseas, industry conditions, changes in laws and regulations (including the adoption of new environmental laws and regulations) and changes in how they are interpreted and enforced, increased competition, the lack of availability of qualified personnel or management, fluctuations in foreign exchange or interest rates, stock market volatility and market valuations of companies with respect to announced transactions and the final valuations thereof, and obtaining required approvals of regulatory authorities. The Company's actual results, performance or achievements could differ materially from those expressed in, or implied by, these forward-looking statements and, accordingly, no assurances can be given that any of the events anticipated by the forward-looking statements will transpire or occur, or if any of them do so, what benefits, including the amount of proceeds, that the Company will derive there from. Readers are cautioned that the foregoing list of factors is not exhaustive. Additional information on these and other factors that could affect the Company's operations and financial results are included in reports on file with Canadian securities regulatory authorities and may be accessed through the SEDAR website (www.sedar.com).
This news release contains "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of applicable securities laws relating to, among other things, the Proposed Transaction. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on forward-looking statements. Actual results and developments may differ materially from those contemplated by these statements. Completion of the Proposed Transaction described herein is dependent on a number of factors and is subject to a number of risks and uncertainties, and it is not certain that the Proposed Transaction will be completed. Factors that could cause actual results to differ materially include, but are not limited to, changes in the Company`s or Wi2Wi's business, general business, economic and competitive uncertainties and delay or failure to receive board, shareholder or regulatory approvals.