DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/wtzvqz/travel_and) has announced the addition of the "Travel and Tourism in Ukraine to 2017" report to their offering.
Inbound and domestic tourists in Ukraine declined during the review period (2008-2012). However, the country's hosting of the UEFA European Football Championship in 2012 aided recovery in the tourism sector, presenting Ukraine as a leading tourist destination on an international platform. The growth fuelled by Euro 2012 is expected to continue over the forecast period (2013-2017), as indicated by increasing domestic and international tourist volumes. The anticipated growth will also be supported by government initiatives to promote business and leisure tourism.
This report provides detailed market analysis, information and insights, including:
- Historic and forecast tourist volumes covering the entire Ukrainian travel and tourism sector
- Detailed analysis of tourist spending patterns in Ukraine for various categories in the travel and tourism sector such as accommodation, sightseeing and entertainment, foodservice, transportation, retail, travel intermediaries and others
- Detailed market classification across each category with analysis using similar metrics
- Detailed analysis of the airline, hotel, car rental and travel intermediaries industries
- According to Timetric estimates, the country's real GDP growth rate in 2013 is expected to remain low at 0.4% due to weak exports and gloomy investment prospects. However, with improvements in external demand conditions, growth is expected to return in 2014 to 2.4%, staying below the 10-year average of 3.8%. Between 2015 and 2017, Timetric expects Ukraine's GDP growth to average at 3.6%, supported by recovery in domestic and external demand.
- Ukraine has a rich cultural heritage and natural landscapes. It is home to seven UNESCO World Heritage sites, including: the Ancient City of Tauric Chersonese and its Chora; Saint-Sophia Cathedral and related monastic buildings, Kiev-Pechersk Lavra; L'viv - the Ensemble of the Historic Centre; and the Residence of Bukovinian and Dalmatian Metropolitans.
- Domestic tourism in Ukraine was adversely affected by the eurozone debt crisis and the 34.9% decline in GDP in 2009. The country's high unemployment rate, which was in the range of 7.9-8.8% during 2009-2011, reduced the propensity to travel, leading to declines in domestic travel and expenditure. However, with improvements in unemployment and GDP, at an average rate of 5%, expected over the forecast period, domestic tourism in Ukraine is anticipated to record healthy growth.
- Ukraine's co-hosting of Euro 2012 with Poland encouraged the government to use this opportunity to develop the country's tourism sector. The event improved travel and tourism revenues and resulted in the entry of around one million tourists to the country during the event. New and improved airport terminals have been built to serve incoming tourists, facilitating the increase in inbound tourist volumes.
Ukraine International Airlines
Air Baltic Corporation
The Hyatt Regency Kiev
Fairmont Grand Hotel
Avis Rent a Car Ukraine
Sixt Rent a Car Ukraine
Olymp Travel LTD
Travel Professional Group
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/wtzvqz/travel_and
About Research and Markets
Research and Markets is the world's leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products and the latest trends.