DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/xsnxws/global_online) has announced the addition of the "Global Online Payment Methods 2013 - Second Half 2013" report to their offering.
Online and mobile payment methods continue global growth.
The Global Online Payment Methods 2013 - Second Half 2013 report indicates that the practice of online payment continues its inexorable growth, driven by fast growing E-Commerce. Recent improvements in security and convenience of payments are expected to spur further growth.
Several developments in recent months point to increased competition on global online and mobile payment markets: Visa, MasterCard and American Express have proposed a new security standard for online payments; startups such as SumUP and iZettle have introduced a payment service below the standard merchant fee; PayPal launched an improved application for its mobile wallet; and Google Wallet launched a physical prepaid card. Further, the virtual currency Bitcoin has been gaining increased attention of consumers, merchants, payment providers, and governments.
The report also indicates that consumers globally are showing interest in mobile payments: mobile device users surveyed say they plan to make future mobile payments, especially in emerging markets. Mobile payments are forecasted to reach over EUR 150 billion worldwide in 2013, with strong double-digit growth for the next four years. Growth of non-banking mobile payments is projected to be stronger than banking payments, but the latter will continue to dominate through 2014. Forecasts for NFC payments growth have been decreased due to lower than expected acceptance. Growth rates, however, are expected to take off after 2016.
- These market reports inform top managers about recent market trends and assist with strategic company decisions
- The authors provide secondary market research: By using various sources of information they ensure maximum objectivity for all obtained data. As a result companies get a precise and unbiased impression of the market situation.
- The analyses, statistical reports and forecasts are only based on reliable sources including national and international statistical offices, industry and trade associations, business reports, business and company databases, journals, company registries and news portals.
- The author's international employees research and filter all sources and translate relevant information into English. This ensures that the content of the original studies is correctly interpreted.
- All research results delivered as PowerPoint files. All data can therefore be used directly for board presentations or be individually adapted.
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/xsnxws/global_online.
About Research and Markets
Research and Markets is the world's leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products and the latest trends.