TOKYO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Mitsubishi Electric Corporation (TOKYO:6503) announced today that it will exhibit a variety of green products, technologies and initiatives at Eco-Products 2013, one of the largest environmental exhibitions in Japan, which will take place at the Tokyo Big Sight exhibition complex on December 12–14.
The Mitsubishi Electric booth, located at No.3-039, East Hall 3, will focus on Mitsubishi Electric as a Global, Leading Green Company contributing to low-carbon, recycling-based societies. Exhibitions will center on products and technologies that contribute to reduced environmental impact for uses ranging from the home to outer space. Exhibits will include products, demonstrations, videos and look-and-touch experiences.
The Building and Factory Zone, featuring in-factory initiatives that earned an Energy Conservation Award in 2012, will present solutions for existing and new buildings incorporating advanced products and technologies for energy savings.
Zones and Main Exhibits
Outer Space, Society and Home Zones
- Space: Himawari-8 and Himawari-9 weather satellites and Michibiki, the first quasi-zenith satellite
- Society: Smart Grid Demonstration Project; EleFine hydraulic elevator for building renewals; AXIEZ, MITSUBISHI Standard Elevators; materials-identification technology for advanced plastic recycling; integrated intelligent-power module for next-generation hybrid vehicles; and motor controller for next-generation electric power steering
- Home: Mitsubishi HEMS home energy-management system; Kirigamine room air conditioners; and LED lighting
Building and Factory Zone
- Case studies: Introduction of energy-saving products in a Mitsubishi Electric factory (earned Energy Conservation Award 2012) and measures for improving production lines
- Energy management systems: Facima management system for buildings; SA1 power-saving/ remote-control system; EcoServerIII energy-saving data-collection servers; and EcoMonitorLight electric power measurement units
- Air conditioning: Total solutions for heating, ventilation and air conditioning
- Lighting: High-ceiling LED lights
- Heat source: Eco Cute for commercial applications
- Case study (video) of CO2-emission-reduction technologies for manufacturing and other applications
Introducing Kids to Space
- Introduction of space and satellite business for children, and a workshop to show kids how to make small astrometric telescopes by hand
About Mitsubishi Electric Corporation
With over 90 years of experience in providing reliable, high-quality products, Mitsubishi Electric Corporation (TOKYO: 6503) is a recognized world leader in the manufacture, marketing and sales of electrical and electronic equipment used in information processing and communications, space development and satellite communications, consumer electronics, industrial technology, energy, transportation and building equipment. Embracing the spirit of its corporate statement, Changes for the Better, and its environmental statement, Eco Changes, Mitsubishi Electric endeavors to be a global, leading green company, enriching society with technology. The company recorded consolidated group sales of 3,567.1 billion yen (US$ 37.9 billion*) in the fiscal year ended March 31, 2013. For more information visit http://www.MitsubishiElectric.com
*At an exchange rate of 94 yen to the US dollar, the rate given by the Tokyo Foreign Exchange Market on March 31, 2013