CAMPBELL, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Market research firm Infonetics Research released excerpts from its latest Macrocell Mobile Backhaul Equipment and Services report, which ranks mobile backhaul equipment vendors, identifies market growth areas, and provides analysis of equipment, connections, cell sites, and service charges.
“Though it’ll be slow growth ahead for the macrocell mobile backhaul equipment market, this is still a huge market, one for which we expect operators to spend a cumulative $43 billion over the five years from 2013 to 2017,” notes Michael Howard, principal analyst for carrier networks and co-founder of Infonetics Research.
“Looking at the big picture, microwave TDM spending is declining, but the IP packet parts are gaining,” Howard adds. “We look for microwave revenue to dip slightly this year, while Ethernet microwave grows through 2017. IP edge routers will peak this year and then rumble along slightly downhill, with the strongest downward pull from Asia Pacific, countering the worldwide microwave momentum.”
MACROCELL MOBILE BACKHAUL MARKET HIGHLIGHTS
- Infonetics expects global macrocell backhaul equipment revenue to inch to $8.1 billion in 2013, an increase of just 1% from 2012
IP/Ethernet is the clear driver of the macrocell backhaul market,
performing the heavy lifting for ever-growing mobile bandwidth usage
- 94% of macrocell backhaul equipment spending in 2013 will be on IP/Ethernet gear
- Fiber is making up an increasing share of mobile backhaul installed connections, growing to 43% in 2017
- Ethernet microwave radio is forecast by Infonetics to grow at a 36% compound annual growth rate (CAGR) from 2012 to 2017, the highest of any equipment segment
Join Infonetics Principal Analyst Michael Howard live on Nov. 14 for Multi-Vendor Service Provisioning for NFV, with a look at actual network functions virtualization deployments: http://w.on24.com/r.htm?e=701332&s=1&k=9B6C4B81F0FC8D27F774588072ED90A9
Infonetics’ biannual macrocell mobile backhaul report provides worldwide and regional market share, market size, forecasts through 2017, analysis, and trends for macrocell mobile backhaul equipment, connections, installed cell sites, and service charges by technology. Companies tracked: Accedian, Actelis, Adtran, Adva, Alcatel-Lucent, Aviat Networks, BridgeWave, Canoga Perkins, Celtro, Ceragon, Ciena, Cisco, DragonWave, ECI, Ericsson, FibroLan, Huawei, Intracom, Ipitek, Juniper, MRV, NEC, NSN, Overture, Positron, RAD, Siklu, Telco Systems, Tellabs, Telrad, Thomson, ZTE, and others. To buy the report, contact Infonetics: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp.
UPCOMING MARKET FORECAST REPORTS AND SURVEYS
- Infonetics’ 2014 Market Research Lineup
- Residential Femtocell Service Strategies & Vendor Leadership Survey (Oct.)
- Carrier WiFi Equipment (Nov.)
- Microwave Equipment - 3Q13 Edition (Nov.)
- 2G, 3G, 4G Mobile Infrastructure & Subscribers - 3Q13 Edition (Dec.)
- Residential & Enterprise Femtocell Equipment - 3Q13 Edition (Dec.)
- Small Cell Mobile Backhaul Equipment (Dec.)
- Telecom & Datacom Market Drivers (Dec.)
- Small Cell & LTE Backhaul Strategies: Global Service Provider Survey (Dec.)
TO BUY REPORTS, CONTACT:
N. America (West), Asia Pacific: Larry Howard, firstname.lastname@example.org, +1 408-583-3335
N. America (East), Midwest, L. America: Scott Coyne, email@example.com, +1 408-583-3395
EMEA, India, Singapore: George Stojsavljevic, firstname.lastname@example.org, +44 755-488-1623
Japan, South Korea, China, Taiwan: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp
Infonetics Research (www.infonetics.com) is an international market research and consulting firm serving the communications industry since 1990. A leader in defining and tracking emerging and established technologies in all world regions, Infonetics helps clients plan, strategize, and compete effectively. View Infonetics’ About Us slides at http://bit.ly/QUrbrV.