PHILADELPHIA--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Seven salads produced by Boston Salad Company are being voluntarily recalled by Boston Salads due to possible Listeria contamination. There have been no illnesses reported and this recall is being voluntarily undertaken as a precaution after standard lab tests returned a positive result for Listeria. Dietz & Watson resells some of these salads in the Philadelphia region.
Products and expiration dates are as follows:
- Egg & Potato Salad, Expiration Dates: 9/25/13 through 11/13/13 (Codes: 87901)
- Cranberry Walnut Chicken Salad, Expiration Dates: 9/17/13 through 11/01/13 (Codes: 88340, 88307, 88335)
- Seafood Salad, Expiration Dates: 9/13/13 through 11/01/13 (Codes: 88605, 88607, 88635)
- Shrimp Salad, Expiration Dates: 9/13/13 through 11/01/13 (Codes: 88001)
- Tropical Cranberry Walnut Salad, Expiration Dates: 9/26/13 through 11/14/13 (Codes: 88345)
- Tuna Salad, Expiration Dates: 9/13/13 through 11/01/13 (Codes: 89205, 89207, 89235)
- White Chicken Salad, Expiration Dates: 9/13/13 through 11/01/13 (Codes: 88305, 88317, 88325)
Consumers with any of this product should return it to the place of purchase for a full refund. Retailers should stop selling the items immediately and their Dietz & Watson representative will pick them up and provide a credit.
Dietz & Watson produces more than 95-percent of its own product at its Philadelphia and Baltimore facilities, but a handful of specialty items like salads and Italian specialty meats, are sourced through 3rd party suppliers including Boston Salads. There has never been a recall of any Dietz & Watson-produced product.
Consumers or food distributors with any questions are asked to call Steve Riley of Dietz & Watson at (215) 831-9000, x 2392.