DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/33ndhm/allocation_and) has announced the addition of the "Allocation and Replenishment E-Learning Course" training to their offering.
The allocation and replenishment e-learning course is designed for everyone involved in allocation and replenishment including merchandisers and their teams and supply chain managers and their teams. IT departments and vendors supplying and selling allocation and replenishment systems will benefit from a better understanding of the key processes and best practices.
The course provides a thorough grounding in allocation and replenishment principles and concepts. It is suitable for retailers operating in both category management and merchandise management environments. By the end of the program, students will be able to do the following:
- Explain the theory, principles and practice of allocation and replenishment
- Describe best practice allocation and replenishment
- Have a good understanding of which allocation and replenishment methods are most effective in which situations
Key Topics Covered
- Allocation vs. assignment
- Key components initial allocation
- Allocations reflecting inventory
- Initial allocation of new items
- Last year's sales
- Unit sales
- Weeks of supply
- Allocation strategies
- Pre vs. post allocation
- Style vs. collection
- Proportional allocation
- Seasonal vs. basic
- Replenishment methods and calculation
- Effective replenishment objectives
- Fashion replenishment long season
- Fashion replenishment short season
- Inventory review and ordering
- Push / pull
- Ordering strategy
- Replenishment base model
- Store replenishment methods
- Sell one get one
- Fixed model stock
- Dynamic model stock method
- Replenish to plan or to forecast?
- Inventory rationing
- Fair shares / left wing school of merchandising
- Reinforcing winners / right wing school of merchandising
- Equal covers method
- Using substitute products
- Warehouse or DC replenishment
- How much inventory do you need?
- Key components retailer's lead time
- Key components vendor's lead time
- Key components service level
- Dealing with clearance merchandise and de-listed lines
- How do you know you are overstocked?
- Reducing overstocks
3. Mastery Test
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/33ndhm/allocation_and
About Research and Markets
Research and Markets is the world's leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products and the latest trends.