BOSTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Market research firm Infonetics Research released its latest OTN and Packet Optical Hardware report, which tracks optical transport network (OTN) switching and transport equipment and packet-optical transport systems (P-OTS).
“OTN switching is experiencing breakout growth in North America and EMEA (Europe, Middle East, Africa), where service providers are adopting integrated WDM and OTN switching and rolling out 100G coherent in the core,” notes Andrew Schmitt, principal analyst for optical at Infonetics Research.
Schmitt adds: “Meanwhile, P-OTS growth in the first half of 2013 was healthy as a result of tier-1 carriers ramping spending versus 2012. We’re seeing some of the SONET/SDH spending that went away come back in the form of increased packet-optical activity.”
OTN AND P-OTS MARKET HIGHLIGHTS
- In the 1st half of 2013 (1H13), worldwide OTN revenue (OTN transport and switching equipment) was up 23% from 1H12, to $3.9 billion
- OTN switching spending in North America more than tripled in 1H13, growing 80% from a year ago
- Fujitsu’s OTN hardware revenue market share spiked 152% in 1H13 from 1H12
- Globally, P-OTS equipment revenue is up 41% year-over-year in 1H13
- Incumbents Alcatel-Lucent, Ciena, Cisco, Fujitsu, and Tellabs are the P-OTS market leaders, but new players BTI, Cyan, Ericsson, and Transmode are challenging with pure-play P-OTS platforms
Infonetics’ biannual OTN and packet optical report provides worldwide and regional market size, vendor market share, forecasts through 2017 and analysis for OTN transport and switching equipment and P-OTS metro edge and metro regional hardware, including port revenue forecasts by type and speed. Vendors tracked: Adtran, Adva, Alcatel-Lucent, Ciena, Cisco, Coriant, Cyan, ECI, Ericsson, Fujitsu, Huawei, Infinera, NEC, NSN, Tellabs, Transmode, ZTE, and others. To buy the report, contact Infonetics: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp.
- Operators name Ciena, ALU, Cisco and Huawei tops in P-OTS
- Coherent 100G WDM shipments tripling this year
- 100G network port revenue to surpass $6 billion by 2017
- Tight race between Huawei, Ericsson, Cisco at top of Infonetics telecom vendor scorecard
- Service providers and enterprises to spend $1 trillion on telecom and datacom over 5 years
- North America, 100G push optical equipment market up 27% QoQ
- 100G optical coherent systems, CDC ROADMs offer hope in stagnant WSS component
- OTN switching reaching mainstream status with service providers
UPCOMING OPTICAL RESEARCH
- Infonetics’ new 2014 Market Research Lineup
- 40G/100G & ROADM Strategies: Global Service Provider Survey
- Optical Network Hardware Market Share and Forecasts - 3Q13 Vendor Market Share
- ROADM Components Market Size and Forecasts
- The OTN Expansion: The Next Carrier Upgrade Cycle (View on demand)
- Making 100G Optical Economical for the Metro (View on demand)
- Improving Network Economics with IP over OTN (View on demand)
- Building Blocks for Service-Aware Networks Based on SDN and NFV (View on demand)
TO BUY REPORTS, CONTACT:
N. America (West), Asia Pacific: Larry Howard, firstname.lastname@example.org, +1 408-583-3335
N. America (East), Midwest, L. America: Scott Coyne, email@example.com, +1 408-583-3395
EMEA, India, Singapore: George Stojsavljevic, firstname.lastname@example.org, +44 755-488-1623
Japan, South Korea, China, Taiwan: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp
Infonetics Research (www.infonetics.com) is an international market research and consulting firm serving the communications industry since 1990. A leader in defining and tracking emerging and established technologies in all world regions, Infonetics helps clients plan, strategize, and compete effectively. View Infonetics’ About Us slides at http://bit.ly/QUrbrV.