DANVILLE, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--TermWiki.com, the world's largest crowd-sourced terminology wiki, announced today the launch of the world’s first ‘Invent a Term Competition’. The Invent a Term Competition will commence on October 25, 2013 and end on December 5, 2013. Three winners will be chosen. The term with the highest "Like" votes wins a brand new Apple iPad Air. Second and third place winners will receive $100 and $50 Amazon gift certificates respectively.
“Languages evolve over time as life styles change,” commented Carl Yao, VP of Global Strategy & Development. “At no other time in history have we seen such profound language development, as the Internet and scientific advancements create demand for new terms all the time. We hope this unique competition will help produce a new platform where everyone has a chance to a coin an original term for something they are passionate about.”
The ‘Invent a Term Competition’ will allow participants to introduce original and unique terms to help influence language developments in their fields of interest. At the same time, users will have a chance to build up their online profile for knowledge creation and sharing.
1. Participants must submit terms that are not already on Wikipedia, Dictionary.com or any other 3rd party reference/encyclopedia sites.
2. For each term submitted, participants must provide a clear definition and a domain/category assignment so readers know the precise meaning of the term. If available, participants should add an image to the term to help generate more visitor views.
3. Participants are encouraged to promote their terms through other social media such as Facebook and Twitter, and search engines to generate the most "Like" votes.
4. Terms should only be submitted in English for this competition. Users of the community will automatically translate the terms into other languages.
5. Terms must be entered through “Invent a Term Competition” to qualify.
For more information or to participate in this competition, please visit: http://www.termwiki.com/invent_a_term_competition.
TermWiki.com is the world’s leading social knowledge network allowing users to post, translate, search and share terms in every subject fields and languages. TermWiki My Glossary allows everyone to create a glossary about an interesting topic of his or her choice. Enterprise level terminology management is supported with TermWiki Pro, a secure, devoted platform with customizable workflows, granular user permissions, terminology review and signoff, and dynamic import and export. TermWiki.com and TermWiki Pro are owned and operated by CSOFT International Ltd., a global communications company and leading provider of multilingual globalization services and language technology solutions.