DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/n7zsks/immunocellular) has announced the addition of the "ImmunoCellular Therapeutics' ICT-107 - Is 2013 the year of glioblastoma vaccines." report to their offering.
Several uncontrolled pilot studies with immunotherapy have reported prolonged survival in patients with glioblastoma.
In this report we discuss whether the evidence of antitumor activity is real, whether historical comparisons provide an accurate perspective, and whether there is any other explanation for the prolonged survival of certain vaccine recipients besides the immunotherapy itself.
Answers to these questions should become available as of 2013, when results from controlled trials begin to emerge for three products: ImmunoCellular Therapeutics' ICT-107, Celldex's rindopepimut and Northwest Biotherapeutics' DCVax-L, which are the focus of this report.
Any positive result could represent a boost to various companies in this space and to the field of cancer vaccines in general.
Key Topics Covered:
1. General overview of glioblastoma multiforme
- Clinical picture
1. Cancer immunotherapies (tumor vaccines)
2. ICT-107' s mechanism of action
3. Pre-Clinical Development
4. Phase I trial of ICT-107
5. Phase II Trial
1. How promising is the early evidence?
2. Historical EORTC-NCIC trial data are probably outdated
3. Baseline prognostic factors matter more than treatment in glioblastoma
- The RTOG's recursive partitioning analysis prognostic classification
- Newer and revised RTOG RPA identify extreme survivors
- EORTC's recursive partitioning analysis of the landmark EORTC-NCIC study
4. Long-term survivors often have a mistaken glioblastoma diagnosis
5. The phase I ICT-107 trial selected patients with a very favorable outlook
6. Do immune responses support ICT-107's activity?
7. Many investigational agents impress in early glioblastoma trials
1. Celldex Therapeutics' rindopepimut (CDX-110)
2. Northwest Biotherapeutics' DCVax-L
3. ICT-107 compared to other immunotherapies
4. Other compounds in development for glioblastoma
THE IMMUNOTHERAPY MARKET OPPORTUNITY
1. Lessons from Dendreon's Provenge
2. Revenue projections
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/n7zsks/immunocellular