DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/6vskqw/wearable) has announced the addition of the "Worldwide Wearable Electronics (Smart -Textiles, Glasses, Watches) Market and Technology Analysis 2013-2018" report to their offering.
The market was worth $2.7 billion in revenue in 2012 and is expected to reach $8.3 billion in 2018, growing at an estimated CAGR of 17.71% from 2013 to 2018.
The wearable technology market by technology discuses products and components technologies that go into a wearable end-product. The technologies discussed include computing technologies, display technologies, networking technologies, positioning technologies, sensor technologies, and recognition technologies.
Electronics textile materials are segmented by types, properties, and embedded function. The Smart textile market is segmented by material types, by material properties and by material's embedded function. Smart textile is likely to become a key driver of the wearable technology.
The wearable technology market by components is segmented into power supply components, positioning and networking components, sensing components, control components, display components, memory, and interface components among others. Wearable technology market by product discusses products under six heads-wrist-wear, eye-wear, foot-wear, neck-wear, body-wear, and others such as ring scanners, smart headsets and so on.
Application market is segmented into four major application verticals such as consumer application, healthcare application, enterprise and industrial application and others such as logistics, warehouse, and aviation. Market by form factor discusses wearable technology market by segmenting the market in two broad categories- textile wearable technology and non-textile wearable electronics.
- The global market's volume is expected to reach 134.27 million units by 2018, growing at a CAGR of 30.36% for the five year period of 2013 to 2018.
- The wearable technology ecosystem market revenue was $4.3 billion as of 2012 and is expected to reach to $14.0 billion by 2018, growing at an estimated CAGR of 18.93 % from 2013 to 2018.
- The global smart, intelligent, digital & interactive fabrics market revenue was $708.31 million as of 2012 and is expected to reach to $2.03 billion by 2018, growing at an estimated CAGR of 17.7 % from 2013 to 2018.
- Components accounted for the largest percentage share of the overall revenue of global wearable technology, i.e. 66.2% in 2012 ($1.83 billion) in 2012 and is expected to account for 73.0% of the total market in 2018.
- Product shipments are likely to experience the highest growth at a CAGR of 53.07% from 2013 to 2018, reaching a volume of 2.7 billion units in 2018.
Key Topics Covered:
2 Executive Summary
3 Cover Story: Primary Research Interview
4 Market Overview
5 Market Analysis
6 Market By Technology
7 Market By Components & Products
8 Market By Form-Factor & Application
9 Market By Geography
10 Competitive Landscape
11 Company Profiles
- Adidas AG
- Apple, Inc.
- AT&T, Inc.
- Enocean GMBH
- Epson Corporation
- Eurotech S.P.A
- Glassup SRL
- Google, Inc.
- Imprint Energy, Inc.
- Infineon Technologies Ag
- Jawbone, Inc.
- Nike, Inc.
- Olympus Corporation
- O'neill Wetsuits LIC
- Plastic Logic Ltd.
- Shimmer Research, Inc.
- TNO Science And Industry Ltd.
- Texas Instruments, Inc.
- Vancive Medical Technologies (Avery Dennison Corporation)
- Vuzix Corporation
- Weartech S.L
- Zoog Technologies, Inc
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/6vskqw/wearable