ST. GEORGE, Utah--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Today, Family Dollar, a leading value and convenience retailer with over 8,000 stores in 46 states, will celebrate the grand opening of its 11th distribution center in St. George, Utah. The celebration will culminate with a ribbon-cutting ceremony at 2:30 p.m. at the new facility on 4815 South River Road.
“Opening our 11th distribution center is an important milestone for us,” said Howard Levine, Family Dollar’s Chairman and CEO. “This facility is ideally located to support our growth in the West, helping us keep our stores well-stocked as we continue to provide customers in this region with great value and convenience.”
Utah Governor Gary Herbert was similarly pleased about the new distribution center. “The State of Utah is proud to welcome Family Dollar’s world-class facility in St. George. Their distribution center will be staffed by Utah’s highly productive workforce and provide hundreds of jobs for southern Utah residents.”
Family Dollar’s distribution center was built by The Conlan Company. The company has partnered with Family Dollar in building distribution centers in Marianna, Florida, Rome, New York and Ashley, Indiana.
GRAND OPENING FACTS
- When: Wednesday, October 16, at 2:30 p.m.
- Where: 4815 South River Road, St. George, Utah
- In Attendance: Howard Levine; Family Dollar Executive Vice President of Supply Chain, Jeff Macak; Executive Director of the Governor’s Office of Economic Development, Spencer Eccles; the Mayor of St. George, Daniel McArthur and various city and government officials
- Events: Family Dollar will make a donation to the Utah Food Bank
DISTRIBUTION CENTER FACTS
- The distribution center measures 817,000 square feet
- Approximately 400 Team Members will work at the facility
- The facility will service up to 800 stores
- At full capacity, the facility will ship 40 million cases annually
Visit FamilyDollar.com for our latest sale items, coupons and upcoming events every day of the year. You can also check us out on Facebook at www.facebook.com/familydollar and Twitter at @myfamilydollar.
About Family Dollar
For more than 53 years, Family Dollar has been providing value and convenience to customers in easy-to-shop neighborhood locations. Family Dollar’s mix of name brands, and quality, private brand merchandise appeals to shoppers in over 8,000 stores in rural and urban settings across 46 states. Helping families save on the items they need with everyday low prices creates a strong bond with customers who refer to their neighborhood store as “my Family Dollar.” Headquartered in Matthews, North Carolina, just outside of Charlotte, Family Dollar is a Fortune 300, publicly held company with common stock traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol FDO. For more information, please visit www.familydollar.com.