DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/m7fk4g/directory_of_wind) has announced the addition of the "Directory of Wind Farms, Africa" directory to their offering.
This database is a comprehensive listing of wind power facilities across Africa in a format that enables analysis at a national, province, company or individual power plant level and with latitude, longitude information that can be copied into Google Maps for visual referencing. Buyers receive subsequent updates within a 12 month period for free. The directory is in spreadsheet format, enabling detailed searching, filtering and additional analysis.
Key Data Points
- Africa currently has 1,767 MW of operational wind capacity from 1,834 wind turbines spread across 19 countries.
- The information contained in this directory covers 99.57% of the publicly stated installed wind capacity.
- Morocco is the country with the most wind power capacity, representing 36.22% of the region's current installed base.
- This directory of wind farms in Africa currently has 167 entries, enabling analysis at a national, provincial, company or power plant level.
The directory provides details on 97 wind farms, featuring 4,047 wind
turbines with a total (operational and planned) capacity of 12,928.9
Key Topics Covered:
Sheet 1 : Introduction
- Summary Overview
Explanation of Terms
Sheet 2 : Database
- Plant Name e.g. Altech
- Facility Name e.g. Altech III
- Commission Date e.g. 1985-01-01
- Decommission Date (only if retired)
- Phase e.g. 3
- Technology e.g. Onshore
- Status e.g. Operational
- Usage e.g. Independent Power Producer
- Power Capacity (MW) e.g. 21.7 MW
- Area e.g. 32 km2
- Generation (GWh) e.g. 54.25 GWh per annum
- # Turbines
- Turbine Capacity e.g. 1.8 MW
- Turbine Model e.g. V80
- Hub e.g. 55m
- Diameter e.g. 100m
- Turbine Manufacturer e.g. Vestas
- Zip code
- On map?
- Operator e.g. AES Wind Generation Inc
- Number of Owners e.g. 1
- Owners e.g. AES Wind Generation Inc
Principal Owner and % Ownership
Sheet 3 : Simple Tables and Charts
- Power Capacity Developments over 50 Years (chart)
- Top 10 Countries (table)
- Top 10 Wind Farms by Power MW (table)
- By Status (table)
- Onshore vs Offshore (table)
- By Usage (table)
- Top 10 Turbine Manufacturers (table)
Top 10 Turbine Sizes (table)
- Cape Verde
- South Africa
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/m7fk4g/directory_of_wind