DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/3687c9/uncooled_infrared) has announced the addition of the "Uncooled Infrared Imaging Technology & Market Trends 2013: Commercial & Military Applications" report to their offering.
The decline in the military market has created a shift toward commercial businesses faster than expected and will continue because of established & new consumer applications such as personal vision and smartphones.
The faster shift toward commercial applications is due to military budget cuts and growing commercial markets
Uncooled infrared camera market experienced a sharp downturn in 2012: though total shipments slightly increased by + 1%, overall revenue fell by 12% to $1,824M. This steep fall was mainly due to the weakness of the military market which has been historically the main revenue generator.
Heavy cuts in the US military budget, resulting from federal budget sequestration and reduction of military operations had a massive impact on the global military market. US Department of Defense program delay consequences were notable because the US market represented more than 80% of the global military market in 2011. This sharp decrease was partly compensated by the commercial markets which grew by +11% in units due to the surveillance and thermography markets.
This shift toward commercial and higher volume markets will be confirmed in the 2013-2018 period. Yole Développement expects +23% growth in shipments fueled by four commercial markets showing a CAGR above 20%: automotive, surveillance, the young ultra-low-end thermography market, and finally by the rise of infrared imaging in smartphones.
Objectives of the report
The report objectives are to provide:
- Market data on key uncooled infrared imaging market metrics & dynamics:
- - Uncooled infrared imaging system sales in units & revenue by market segment
- - Uncooled infrared imagers sales in units & revenue by market segment
- - Market share at uncooled infrared imager level
- In-depth analysis of traditional uncooled IR imaging applications: thermography, automotive, surveillance, military.
- Key technical insights into future technology trends and challenges.
- An in-depth understanding of IR imaging value chain, infrastructure and players:
- - Who are the industrial IR sensor players (IDMs, foundries) and what is their market and technological position?
- - More generally, who are the key players to watch and how will the IR imaging market evolve?
What's new compared to last edition?
- Current technological trends and on-going developments
- Latest industry news and analysis of the new market entrants and exits
- More detailed and up-to-date applications analysis
- Introduction of new applications (Smartphones, personal vision systems, missile seekers...)
- A new sensor segment (low resolution-other technologies than microbolometers) in the market forecast
- 2012 market shares estimates
- Updated market forecasts: 2013-2018 period
Key features of the report
- Uncooled infrared imaging market analysis: market forecasts by applications/technologies 2013-2018 in revenue ($M) and shipments (units)
- Value and supply chain analysis
- Detailed applications analysis
- Competitive analysis and uncooled infrared imager manufacturers' market share
- Infrared imager technology analysis & evolution: 12µm pixel pitch sensors, Wafer-Level-Packaging, low-cost & low-resolution infrared array technologies
Key Topics Covered:
1. Contents, definitions
2. Executive summary
3. Noteworthy news since 2011
4. Overview of IR detection technologies
5. Uncooled thermal imaging camera market analysis
6. IR Camera market analysis : Thermography market
7. IR camera market analysis: Surveillance market
8. IR camera market analysis: Automotive market
9. IR Camera market analysis: Fire fighting market segment
10. IR camera market analysis: Marine market segment
11. IR camera market analysis: Personal handheld night vision segment
12. IR camera market analysis: Smartphone market segment
13. IR camera market analysis: Military markets
14. Uncooled thermal imager/microbolometer market analysis
15. Uncooled thermal imaging technological evolutions
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/3687c9/uncooled_infrared