TOKYO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Toshiba Corporation (TOKYO:6502) today announced that it has launched "TC358779XBG", the industry’s first1 High Definition Multimedia Interface (HDMI®) to MIPI® Display Serial Interface (DSI) bridge IC for consumer and industrial applications that use small form-factor LCD displays. Samples are now available, with mass production scheduled to start in December this year.
The “TC358779XBG” converts HDMI® video input and outputs it as a MIPI® DSI video stream output. This will promote adoption of MIPI®-compliant small form-factor LCD displays in applications that include game accessories, wearable computers and head-mounted products.
The product also integrates video preprocessing functions—video de-interlacing, scaling and format conversion—and supports multiple audio interfaces, including the I2S, TDM, S/PDIF and MIPI® Serial Low-power Inter-chip Media Bus (SLIMbus®) audio formats.
Key Features of New Product
1. The industry’s first device that converts HDMI® video input and outputs it as a MIPI® DSI video stream.
2. Integrated video de-interlacing, scaling and format conversion contribute to lower memory bandwidth and video processing requirements on host processors.
3. HDMI® 1.4 RX support
- Up to 1080P @ 60fps video format (RGB, YCbCr444: 24-bpp, YCbCr422 24-bpp)
- HDCP 1.3
- 3D support
4. Available in any of the four audio interfaces: I2S, TDM, SPDIF or SLIMbus®
5. Maximum 1Gbps/lane link speed MIPI® DSI interface
6. Maximum 165MHz clock speed HDMI® interface
A wide range of consumer electronics and industrial applications, including mobile devices, digital cameras and gaming accessories, head-mounted products and other wearable computers.
Max. clock speed 165MHz
|Output Video Interface||MIPI® DSI 4 Data lanes (Up to 1Gbps/lane)|
|Output Audio Interface||I2S, TDM, SPDIF or SLIMbus®|
I/O: 1.8V to 3.3V
|Package||FPGA80 (7mm x 7mm, 0.65mm pitch)|
|Mass Production Schedule||December, 2013|
1: As of October, 2013. Research by Toshiba Corporation.
* HDMI is a registered trademark of HDMI Licensing, LLC in the United
States and/or other countries.
* MIPI and SLIMbus are registered trademarks of MIPI Alliance, Inc.
Logic LSI Sales & Marketing Group
Information in this document, including product prices and specifications, content of services and contact information, is current on the date of the announcement but is subject to change without prior notice.
Toshiba is a world-leading diversified manufacturer, solutions provider and marketer of advanced electronic and electrical products and systems. Toshiba Group brings innovation and imagination to a wide range of businesses: digital products, including LCD TVs, notebook PCs, retail solutions and MFPs; electronic devices, including semiconductors, storage products and materials; industrial and social infrastructure systems, including power generation systems, smart community solutions, medical systems and escalators & elevators; and home appliances.
Toshiba was founded in 1875, and today operates a global network of more than 590 consolidated companies, with 206,000 employees worldwide and annual sales surpassing 5.8 trillion yen (US$61 billion). Visit Toshiba's web site at www.toshiba.co.jp/index.htm