SAN DIEGO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Livingkindness Foundation, a 501(c)(3) charitable foundation that provides leadership guidance to women and children worldwide, announces the availability of “Finding Ourselves on Sacred Ground,” a coffee table book by author Jan Phillips and artist Ruth Westreich.
- “Finding Ourselves on Sacred Ground” explores the beauty of photography, the joy of creativity and the ever-present sacred force around and within us. The exquisite coffee table book is a tour de force of images and text that reveals nature at her best, in her raw ruggedness and her most pristine beauty. The accompanying words are prayers, poems, songs and psalms that inspire and encourage.
- Divided by region, the book showcases the U.S. Northeast, Southwest, Northwest and Southeast. The 156-page book is a collection of the women’s annual photography pilgrimages—a time when they left behind the busy-ness of life and committed to a sacred experience with nature.
- Jan Phillips is an internationally recognized author, photographer and speaker. Her photography has been exhibited at the National Women's Hall of Fame, Port Authority of New York and New Jersey, Los Angeles County Museum, Tyler Art Gallery, The Children's Museum, Sarah Lawrence College Gallery and in several international venues. Author of multiple books on spirituality and leadership, Jan brings her passion for spiritual healing and social justice to her art.
- Trained as a designer, Ruth Westreich is a talented mixed-media artist working in oils, water media, glass, jewelry design, fabrication and photography. Ruth is also the President of The Westreich Foundation, a private family foundation focused on integrative medicine, palliative medicine and the creative and expressive arts for holistic care and healing.
- Published by the Livingkindness Foundation, “Finding Ourselves on Sacred Ground” is available online at www.janphillips.com/giftshop.html. The book is currently being sold for a special rate of $40 plus shipping. Regular retail price is $59.95.
ABOUT LIVINGKINDNESS FOUNDATION
The Livingkindness Foundation is a 501(c)(3) charitable foundation established to provide leadership assistance to women, to improve educational opportunities for children in Nigeria and to facilitate visionary leadership programs for youth in the U.S. and abroad. For more information, please visit www.livingkindness.org.