PLAINSBORO, N.J.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The pharmacy industry’s number one journal, Pharmacy Times, and its sister publication, Specialty Pharmacy Times, are pleased to announce the addition of new industry-leading companies and organizations to their Strategic Alliance Partnership (SAP) programs.
The Strategic Alliance Partnership programs facilitate collaboration and the exchange of knowledge among partners, and ultimately increase their visibility within the pharmacy industry. Pharmacy Times has 70 established partnerships; Specialty Pharmacy Times has 30.
“The Pharmacy Times and Specialty Pharmacy Times Strategic Alliance Partnership programs lend immense credibility to our franchise and enable us to gain valuable insight into the world of retail pharmacy,” said Ashley Hennessy, associate publisher of Pharmacy Times. “We will continue to develop this program and seek out additional partners.”
Pharmacy Times’ newest SAP members are:
- Tops Markets, LLC, a leading full-service grocery retailer that operates 159 supermarkets in upstate New York, northern Pennsylvania, and western Vermont.
- Pharmaca Integrative Pharmacy, Inc, the nation’s first integrative pharmacy chain offering traditional prescription-filling services alongside natural and complementary health solutions. The company operates 24 pharmacies in California, Colorado, New Mexico, Oregon, and Washington.
- Thrifty White Pharmacy, 100% employee-owned and operating more than 80 locations in Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Iowa, Montana, and Wisconsin, with a primary focus on pharmacy business along with associated drugstore operations.
- Harps Food Stores, an employee-owned chain that operates more than 65 grocery stores featuring bakeries, pharmacies, and meat departments in Arkansas, Missouri, and Oklahoma.
- Fred’s Super Dollar, operating more than 700 discount general merchandise stores across the southeastern United States.
Specialty Pharmacy Times’ newest SAP member is:
- Armada Health Care (Armada), the nation’s largest group purchasing and channel management organization for the specialty pharmacy market, providing comprehensive and cost-effective access to the nation’s $100+ billion specialty pharmacy industry. Armada offers pharmacy providers, manufacturers, health plans, and wholesale distributors a total channel management solution through customized patient programs, prescription data management services, online technology platforms, and unique purchasing agreements for specialty pharmacy products.
About Pharmacy Times
Pharmacy Times is the industry’s leading publication, providing practical, clinical information pharmacists can use in their everyday practices when counseling patients and interacting with physicians. Each issue contains articles and features covering medication errors, drug interactions, patient education, pharmacy technology, disease state management, patient counseling, product news, pharmacy law, and specialty pharmacy. The Pharmacy Times Office of Continuing Professional Education (CPE) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) as a provider of continuing pharmacy education. Learn more at www.PharmacyTimes.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, or 609-716-7777 and on Facebook at Facebook.com/PharmacyTimes and on Twitter @Pharmacy_Times. Pharmacy Times is published by Michael J. Hennessy & Associates, Inc, a leading provider of health care publishing, research, information, and education.
About Specialty Pharmacy Times
Specialty Pharmacy Times is a leading industry journal serving the business and practice of specialty pharmaceuticals and therapy. The journal focuses on key areas surrounding specialty pharmaceuticals and the enhanced practice needs of pharmacists in this arena. The journal is available at www.SpecialtyPharmacyTimes.com.