DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/mcg52m/vagifem) has announced the addition of the "Vagifem (Postmenopausal Vaginal Atrophy) - Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022" report to their offering.
Although the postmenopausal vaginal atrophy (PVA) market has experienced anemic growth over the past decade, it is expected to undergo a considerable change between 2012 and 2022. This market has historically had a large untreated population due to: low diagnosis rates, safety issues with the existing therapies, and poor patient compliance. Since the mainstay estrogen-based therapies are associated with causing elevated risk for breast cancer, endometrial cancer, and stroke, many women go untreated.
Novo Nordisk's Vagifem is an estradiol tablet that is administered intravaginally by a preloaded disposable applicator. Vagifem was first approved as a 25mcg tablet in the US and the 5EU in 1999 and 1988, respectively. In 2010, Novo Nordisk announced that Vagifem 25mcg was discontinued and would be replaced by Vagifem 10mcg. This lower dose reformulation was developed in line with medical recommendations for women to use the lowest effective estrogen dose for the shortest duration.
- Overview of PVA, including epidemiology, etiology, symptoms, diagnosis, pathology and treatment guidelines as well as an overview on the competitive landscape.
- Detailed information on Vagifem including product description, safety and efficacy profiles as well as a SWOT analysis.
- Sales forecast for Vagifem for the top seven countries from 2012 to 2022.
- Sales information covered for the US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, the UK and Japan.
Reasons to buy
- Understand and capitalize by identifying products that are most likely to ensure a robust return
- Stay ahead of the competition by understanding the changing competitive landscape for PVA
- Effectively plan your M&A and partnership strategies by identifying drugs with the most promising sales potential
- Make more informed business decisions from insightful and in-depth analysis of Vagifem performance
- Obtain sales forecast for Vagifem from 2012-2022 in top seven countries (the US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, the UK and Japan)
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/mcg52m/vagifem
About Research and Markets
Research and Markets is the world's leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products and the latest trends.