DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/l8xptf/us_patient_portal) has announced the addition of the "US Patient Portal Market for Hospitals and Physicians" report to their offering.
This study provides a roadmap for understanding the patient engagement movement and the use of patient portal technology by hospitals and physicians as the essential tool to drive that process.
Included is an overview of macro trends in patient engagement and a comprehensive look at key features and functions associated with patient portals. Major market drivers and restraints for 2013 through 2017 are provided. Also discussed are adoption trends for EHRs and patient portal systems among hospital and physicians. Competitive market issues including business and pricing approaches and a listing of key competitors. The study includes market forecasts for the total market and key market segments for 2012 through 2017.
Key Issues This Study Will Answer
- What are the cultural, financial, and technological macro market trends of the patient engagement movement?
- What drives the current need for hospitals and physician practices to adopt patient portals, and what key functionalities are most valued by patients?
- What are key drivers and restraints impacting the patient portal market for hospitals and physicians today, and how will these influence the demand for patient portals over the next 5 years?
- What are the key competitive metrics encompassing the market for patient portals for hospitals and physicians?
- What is the current penetration of patient portals in hospitals and physician practices, where is demand heading, and who are the leading vendors providing these solutions today?
- What are the expected revenues for the total patient portal market for hospitals and physicians over the next 5 years?
Summary of Key Points
- Myriad cultural, financial, and technological changes are driving the growing patient engagement movement.
- Physicians and hospitals are dramatically increasing the use of health information technology in response to government mandates and healthcare reform.
- The patient portal is emerging as the key platform upon which to drive patient engagement; numerous vendors and technologies compete in this space.
- Many solutions on the market today do not currently offer the full features truly needed to improve health outcomes and engage patients.
- The next five years will see considerable innovation in all aspects of patient engagement technology, causing significant disruption across the vendor landscape.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Executive Summary
2. Research Methodology
3. Macro Trends: Patient Engagement
4. Market Overview
5. Total Patient Portal Market for Hospitals and Physicians
6. Competitive Environment
7. Companies to Watch
8. The Last Word
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/l8xptf/us_patient_portal