GLENDALE, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Disney Consumer Products (DCP) has released a vast line of new products celebrating Disney Princess Ariel available now at national retailers timed with The Little Mermaid Diamond Edition Blu-ray™ release. The new collection draws inspiration from Ariel’s spirited personality and signature red hair and features items for collectors, little princesses and adult princesses who #iHeartAriel – from dolls and role play to beauty and fashion.
The 1989 classic tale The Little Mermaid made its Diamond Edition Blu-ray debut on Oct. 1 and follows the adventurous mermaid Ariel’s quest to save her kingdom and follow her heart with digitally restored picture and brilliant high-definition sound.
“Ariel has consistently been one of the most popular Disney Princess characters in part because of her spirited, adventurous and determined personality – all qualities that girls today can relate to,” said Josh Silverman, executive vice president of global licensing, Disney Consumer Products. “Many of the products in The Little Mermaid line feature fun and engaging musical elements so that moms of all ages, especially millennial moms who grew up watching The Little Mermaid, will enjoy playing and singing along with their children and recreating the story of this special Disney heroine.”
Disney’s The Little Mermaid is the only authentic Disney Princess product collection to infuse the storytelling and creativity that Disney is known for. Featuring all new dolls, role play, apparel, accessories, beauty products, home décor and more, the new line is available now at mass, department and specialty retailers nationwide and at Disney Store locations and DisneyStore.com.
Highlights from The Little Mermaid product collection include:
For Little Princesses
- Ariel Musical Light Up Dress by Jakks Pacific (MSRP $34.99): Little girls can shimmer and shine just like Ariel. With just a twirl, the dress lights up and plays “Under the Sea.”
- Ariel Costume Collection by Disney Store ($12.95-$44.95): Under the sea or on land, your little mermaid will find everything she needs for happily ever after moments, including Ariel costume, tiara and wand.
- My Favorite Princess Collection by Children’s Apparel Network (MSRP $8.99-$21.99): Girls who want to make a royal fashion statement can step out in style with these trendy ensembles including an assortment of fun dresses, fashion tops, tulle sparkle skeggings and plenty of accessories.
- Under the Sea Surprise Ariel by Jakks Pacific (MSRP $24.99): Ariel’s fin lights up when placed in water, and she sings “Under the Sea” and speaks phrases in both English and Spanish.
- Mermaid-to-Princess Ariel by Mattel (MSRP $24.99): Re-create Ariel's unforgettable transformation from mermaid to princess – over and over again! To further add to the fairytale fun, Ariel “sings" two different songs from the movie as she transforms.
- Disney Animators’ Collection Ariel Doll Deluxe Bathtub Gift Set by Disney Store ($49.95): Our popular toddler Animators’ Collection Ariel doll joins a bubbly seashell tub and comes with a terrycloth bath costume, satin nightdress and Sebastian.
- The Little Mermaid Plush Collection by Disney Store ($9.50-$19.95): This plush collection features all your favorite characters from The Little Mermaid including Ariel, Prince Eric, Ursula, Flounder, Sebastian, Max, Scuttle and Flotsam and Jetsam.
- Ariel Long John Pajamas by Hanna Andersson (MSRP $42.00): Sail into sweet dreams with this quality organic cotton sleepwear featuring Ariel.
- The Little Mermaid Read-Along Storybook and CD by Disney Press (MSRP $6.99, ISBN: 1423168895): A perfect addition to any little princess’ nighttime routine. Experience the enchanting fairy tale with this beautifully illustrated storybook that features a read-along CD.
- Little Mermaid Reversible Bedding Ensemble by Franco (MSRP $14.96- $29.88): Become part of Ariel's world by joining her and her friends in their enchanted underwater kingdom with the reversible seascape bedding collection.
For Adult Princesses
Fashion & Beauty:
- Ariel & Eric Pullover by Simsotex (MSRP $32.50): This crewneck pullover top features an allover Ariel & Eric design inspired by The Little Mermaid.
- The Little Mermaid Ariel Dress by Simsotex (MSRP $34.50): Channel your inner mermaid with this fun and flirty “Under the Sea” inspired dress.
- Disney Ariel Collection by Sephora (MSRP $19.00-$58.00): An assortment of colorful cosmetics, a signature fragrance and princess-worthy accessories, the Disney Ariel Collection by Sephora is inspired by the world under the sea and the bold determination of Ariel.
- The Little Mermaid Kiss Hobo Bag by Loungefly (MSRP $19.50): Carry all of your gadgets and gizmos in this Ariel and Eric hobo bag that features pouch pockets and a snap button closure.
To download images of The Little Mermaid product collection, please visit http://bit.ly/arielproducts – this link is case sensitive.
Take Home The Movie
As of October 1, 2013 fans can take home their favorite film that gave voice to a whole generation as The Little Mermaid splashes its way into homes for the first time ever on Blu-ray 3D™, Blu-ray™, Digital Copy and High Definition Digital formats. For more information, visit Disney.com/TheLittleMermaid.
Ariel (voiced by Jodi Benson) is a free-spirited mermaid, who is off on the adventure of a lifetime with her best friend, the adorable Flounder (voiced by Jason Marin), and the reggae-singing Caribbean crab Sebastian (voiced by Samuel E. Wright) at her side. But it will take all of her courage and determination to make her dreams come true—and save her father’s (voiced by Kenneth Mars) beloved kingdom from the sneaky sea witch Ursula (voiced by Pat Carroll).
About Disney’s Blu-ray Diamond Collection
Disney’s Blu-ray Diamond Collection represents The Walt Disney Studios’ most prestigious and treasured animated classics. Diamond Edition titles boast the highest level of picture and sound; feature groundbreaking, state-of-the-art immersive bonus content; and include unprecedented levels of interactivity, personalization and customization, made possible because of Blu-ray technology.
About Disney Consumer Products
Disney Consumer Products (DCP) is the business segment of The Walt Disney Company (NYSE:DIS) that delivers innovative and engaging product experiences across thousands of categories from toys and apparel to books and fine art. As the world's largest licensor, DCP inspires the imaginations of people around the world by bringing the magic of Disney into consumers' homes with products they can enjoy year-round. DCP is comprised of three business units: Licensing, Publishing and Disney Store. The Licensing business is aligned around five strategic brand priorities: Disney Media, Classics & Entertainment, Disney & Pixar Animation Studios, Disney Princess & Disney Fairies, Lucasfilm and Marvel. Disney Publishing Worldwide (DPW) is the world's largest publisher of children's books, magazines, and digital products and also includes an English language learning business, consisting of more than 40 Disney English learning centers across China and a supplemental learning book program. DPW's growing library of digital products includes best-selling eBook titles and original apps that leverage Disney content in innovative ways. The Disney Store retail chain operates across North America, Europe, and Japan with more than 350 stores worldwide and is known for providing consumers with high-quality, unique products. Disney's official shopping portals online are www.DisneyStore.com and www.DisneyStore.co.uk. For more information, please visit Disney Consumer Products www.DisneyConsumerProducts.com or follow us at www.YouTube.com/DisneyLiving, www.Facebook.com/DisneyLiving, www.Twitter.com/DisneyLiving and http://www.Pinterest.com/DisneyLiving.