DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/gc3nzc/global_remittance) has announced the addition of the "Global Remittance Market" report to their offering.
New Research Examines The State Of Global Consumer Remittance Flows And Select International Remittance Service Providers
In just over 20 years, remittances, or the money sent by an individual back home or to another country has grown from under $50 billion (USD) to over $600 billion a year. Remittance flows are extremely resilient and the ongoing economic and financial malaise across Europe and other developed markets did little to slow the more than 11 percent compound annual growth rate between 1990 and 2012.
As the segment has grown, so has the number of established and new players, operating models (ranging from large physical footprints and agent networks to minimal overhead and operating online), and technologies like mobile and prepaid remittance platforms used to send money more efficiently and effectively around the world.
"The United States represents the largest source for remittance outflows to many countries around the world, but within the Western Hemisphere, the importance of the remittance corridors between the U.S. and its Southern neighbors cannot be understated. The significant role the U.S. plays in outward remittance flows to Central and South American countries is exemplified by remittance inflows to Mexico, which totaled an estimated $23 billion in 2012, fourth largest in the world, of which the vast majority were sent from the United States," comments Tristan Hugo-Webb, Associate Director of the International Advisory Service at Mercator Advisory Group and primary author of the report.
Highlights of the report include:
- Overview of the remittance segment of the global payments market
- Comparison of remittance service models and their tradeoffs
- An examination of remittance inflows to the Latin America and Caribbean region and remittance outflows in Europe in 2012 and 2011
- Insight into some of the leading issues confronting international remittance service providers and emerging solutions for some of the issues
- Profiles of leading remittance service providers around the world and some interesting and innovative services
Key Topics Covered:
- Executive Summary
- Global Consumer Remittances: Overview
- Remittance Outflows from the United States
- Remittance Inflows to LAC Region
- Remittance Outflows from Europe
- Consumer Costs for Global Remittances
- Comparing Remittance Providers by Costs to Consumer
- Traditional Remittance Service Models and Their Tradeoffs
- Models and Tradeoffs of New Remittance Service Types
- Profiles of Remittance Service Providers
- Delgado Travel
- Ria Financial Services
- Sigue Visa
- Wells Fargo
- Western Union
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/gc3nzc/global_remittance