RICHMOND, Va.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--MeadWestvaco Corporation (NYSE: MWV), a global leader in packaging and packaging solutions, will exhibit at drinktec, the world’s leading beverage trade show Sept. 16-20, 2013 in Munich.
In today’s dynamic marketplace of shifting consumer preferences and increasing operational costs, beverage brands are challenged to maximize efficiency, while building their brands. In this environment, they need partners who can help them achieve both.
At drinktec, MWV Beverage will showcase the people and technology behind its Insight to In-Market approach, a proprietary methodology that converts consumer, brand and category insight into packaging experiences that drive loyalty. This unique framework also ensures a much faster path to market, which is critical for brand success in a rapidly changing environment. Insight to In-Market drives top-line growth and provides efficiencies for bottom-line improvement, offering a comprehensive strategy that delivers a meaningful competitive advantage for MWV’s brand partners.
The Insight to In-Market approach includes the following integrated steps:
- Market & Consumer Insights – MWV consumer research professionals and market analysts work tirelessly to identify the most lucrative growth opportunities for beverage brands across the globe through both primary and secondary research.
- Brand Engagement – MWV brand strategists work closely with customers to differentiate their brands in the marketplace by activating their brand strategies through packaging and forging emotional connections with their consumers during their packaging experience.
- Packaging Design & Innovation – Based on consumer, brand and category insight, MWV‘s Global Design team develops the most effective package solutions by applying inventive design to create innovative concepts. Designers then explore those concepts by simulating their performance through the supply chain – from converting to on-shelf – with Dassault Systèmes’ game-changing 3DEXPERIENCE platform.
- Materials – Once the design is finalized, engineers select high-performance MWV substrates that match each customer’s market and operational needs.
- Converting – The design becomes commercialized into a cost-effective, manufacturable packaging solution.
- Automation – MWV engineers collaborate with customers to develop made-to-order in-line equipment that comes with expert engineering and ongoing support. The complex demands of today’s global consumers require flawless execution to get products in-market faster.
“Beverage brand owners are trying to sell more product and increase efficiency throughout the supply chain. The key to our Insight to In-Market approach is MWV’s expertise and partnership throughout the entire packaging process,” said Zack Smith, President, MWV Beverage. “From key consumer insights to efficient automation, MWV is there every step of the way, helping our customers connect with consumers, build brands and drive growth.”
At drinktec, MWV will showcase elements of this package development journey through its latest innovations in process and products. This includes:
- Proprietary packaging and machinery design technology, powered by Dassault Systèmes, offers customers true collaboration throughout the design process with a full team of designers, brand managers, sales leads, engineers and production. The 3DEXPERIENCE platform’s design and digital manufacturing applications bring new products to market faster, and raise the quality of the final solution by providing a real 3D experience into a virtual packaging journey.
- Flexible and compact, the CPemerge® packaging machine offers market-exclusive supply chain efficiencies that are ideal for beverage brands managing dynamic consumer demands in emerging markets.
- The MWV Hero Pack is a one-of-a-kind packaging solution that showcases and aligns the middle bottle in a six-pack carrying basket so the label is facing out, playing on the psychology of the “sneak peek” and offering consumers a better view of the product.
“Our CPemerge machine, the Hero Pack and the integration of the powerful Dassault Systèmes 3DEXPERIENCE platform are a few examples of our unique capabilities at each point in the packaging development process – from Insight to In-Market,” Smith said. “In today’s rapidly changing marketplace, our customers require value and efficiencies throughout their supply chain, and we can provide it all through one seamless partnership.”
To experience MWV’s Insight to In-Market approach and see the people and technology behind it, drinktec visitors, customers and media are invited to engage with the MWV Beverage team throughout the show:
- Monday, Sept. 16 – Friday, Sept. 20 at the MWV booth A2.502 - All drinktec guests are invited to visit the booth and meet the beverage team.
- Wednesday, Sept. 18 at 8:30 a.m. at the MWV booth A2.502 - Journalists are invited to attend a media breakfast to learn more about MWV’s Insight to In-Market approach.
- Wednesday, Sept. 18 at 11 a.m. at the IDEArena - All drinktec guests are invited to the Innovation Flow Lounge “Packaging Intelligence” speakers’ panel, where Bill Cecil, Vice President, Global Machinery, MWV will participate in a discussion of “Secondary Packaging as a Powerful Marketing Tool.”
For more information about MWV’s presence at drinktec, please visit: http://www.meadwestvaco.com/Tradeshows/DrinkTec2013/index.htm.
MeadWestvaco Corporation (NYSE:MWV) is a global packaging company providing innovative solutions to the world’s most admired brands in the healthcare, beauty and personal care, food , beverage, home and garden, tobacco, and agricultural industries. The company also produces specialty chemicals for the automotive, energy, and infrastructure industries and maximizes the value of its land holdings through forestry operations, property development and land sales. MWV’s network of 125 facilities and 16,000 employees spans North America, South America, Europe and Asia. The company has been recognized for financial performance and environmental stewardship with a place on the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index every year since 2005. Learn more at www.mwv.com.