SUNNYVALE, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Aerohive Networks®, a leader in controller-less Wi-Fi and cloud-managed mobile networking for the enterprise market, today announced that it has been positioned by Gartner, Inc. in the “Visionaries” quadrant of the 2013 Magic Quadrant for Wired and Wireless LAN Access Infrastructure. (1) Vendors were evaluated based on their ability to execute and completeness of vision.
- According to the report, “A vendor in the Visionaries quadrant demonstrates an ability to increase features in its offering to provide a unique and differentiated approach to the market. A Visionary will have innovated in one or more of the key areas of access layer technologies within the enterprise (e.g., convergence, security, management or operational efficiency).”
- According to Gartner, “In addition to wired or wireless hardware, access layer solutions must include management, security, guest access and planning services in an integrated access network solution. With limited growth in IT resources, administrators require one network management application, one access security solution, one guest access application, or a policy enforcement solution with the flexibility to be deployed in a public cloud or on-premises.”
- According to Gartner, “The historical separation of wired and wireless solutions for LAN access connectivity is disappearing. End users need to connect to network resources, regardless of whether the connection is wired or wireless. While the revenue for wired LAN access ports is still more than double that of wireless, the shifting momentum can be clearly seen as wireless revenue continues to grow at more than 20% annually and switching revenue at the edge is at best flat. Increasingly, wireless connectivity is being viewed as the default connectivity to the network, as users demand more mobility; moreover, a growing number of devices do not have wired network capabilities.”
- Gartner summarizes, “The market has now matured to a state where there are no ‘wired vendors doing wireless’ or vice versa; vendors must have an end-to-end hardware solution to be a viable access layer competitor. The historical separation is gone and enterprises should evaluate vendors in the new light of end-to-end access layer capabilities.”
- To download a copy of the report and see Gartner’s perspective, go here: http://info.aerohive.com/GartnerMQRequest2013.html
- To find out more about how Aerohive’s solutions support today’s mobile-first enterprises and listen to an on-demand webinar featuring Gartner analyst Tim Zimmerman titled, “Unified Wired & Wireless Access: Architecting Networks for a Mobile-First World” go here: http://www.aerohive.com/sites/default/files/Aerohive_UnifiedWireless/story.html
(1) Gartner “Magic Quadrant for the Wired & Wireless LAN Access Infrastructure (Global), 2013” by Tim Zimmerman and Mark Fabbi, Sept. 3, 2013.
“It is a great honor to be recognized as a Visionary again in Gartner’s second annual Wired and Wireless LAN Access Infrastructure Magic Quadrant,” said David Flynn, chief executive officer, Aerohive Networks. “We believe this achievement is a testament to Aerohive’s continued commitment to provide robust, enterprise-class, mobile-centric network edge solutions to support the mobile device influx. We look forward to continuing to invest in our solutions, customers, partners and company to provide exceptional network infrastructure to enable today’s mobile-first enterprise.”
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner's research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
About Aerohive Networks.
Aerohive was founded in 2006 and is headquartered in Sunnyvale, Calif. The company's investors include Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Northern Light Venture Capital, New Enterprise Associates, Inc. (NEA) and Institutional Venture Partners (IVP). For more information, please visit www.aerohive.com, call us at 408-510-6100, follow us on Twitter @Aerohive, subscribe to our blog, join our community or become a fan on our Facebook page.
“Aerohive” is a registered trademark of Aerohive Networks, Inc. All product and company names used herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners. All rights reserved.