SEATTLE--(BUSINESS WIRE)--FlowDoku by HapaFive Games offers puzzle fans a totally new experience within the familiar Sudoku layout. Designed from the start to excel on touch screens, FlowDoku's wide range of grid sizes, shape combinations and difficulty levels will hook players and keep them in a state of flow for hours on end…
Imagine Sudoku re-invented with blue squares, green triangles, orange circles, and (in advanced grid sizes) purple diamonds—where only two deceptively simple rules (and logic!) are needed:
Each row, column and box must include a certain number of each shape
In each box, matching shapes must be next to each other (with the exception of circles)
Input is a breeze on any screen size with just a few shapes to enter. FlowDoku doesn’t require any typing or note-taking, so players can relax and focus on solving each puzzle. The game’s minimalist graphics and hypnotizing soundtrack will put puzzle fans “in the zone” as they work out solutions and discover new strategies.
“The logic and deduction of Sudoku were left intact in FlowDoku; in fact, they’re at the forefront,” said Mark Grinols, founder of HapaFive Games. “What we wanted was a game that plays within the familiar Sudoku layout but with a completely different strategy. Hopefully puzzle fans will agree that we ended up with something quite unique – and incredibly addictive.”
- Tons of puzzles: 250+ free puzzles spanning 5 difficulty levels and 4 grid sizes (from 6x6 to 12x12)
- Not another Sudoku clone: Wholly original puzzle gameplay mechanic
- Designed for touch screens: Tap to set, or drag to paint; free of numbers, number pads, typing, and input modes
- Built for demanding players: Clean, colorful graphics; a gorgeous ambient soundtrack; and a streamlined interface that is never in the way
- Play on the go: Progress is saved automatically . . . all the time
- Perfect for both daylight and bedtime: Light and dark themes fit any environment
- See things clearly: Tap and hold to enlarge a small area of the board
- Challenging yet approachable: Includes hints and a “roll back to first mistake” feature
- Never-ending content: Unlock new puzzle packs with Gems earned throughout the game
- Socially aware: Includes GameCenter achievements and leaderboards
FlowDoku is free to download and play. If players get past the 250+ free puzzles, à la carte level packs can be purchased with Gems.
Download the iOS version at http://itunes.apple.com/app/flowdoku/id672056201?mt=8
Download the Android version at http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hapafive.flowdoku
Appstore for Android (Amazon): http://amzn.com/B00ERWW8J8
You can also play a demo version of FlowDoku on your browser at http://apps.facebook.com/flowdoku/
About HapaFive Games
HapaFive Games is a family-run studio based in Sammamish, WA near Seattle. Kicking off in 2011, HapaFive self-published six Windows Phone titles—which were all highly regarded by reviewers. In 2012, HapaFive entered the Android marketplace with Rock Slide. Mark Grinols, the founder, does most of the design work and programming. Other family members assist with level design, testing, localization, customer support, and administration. To learn about HapaFive Games, visit http://www.hapafive.com.