CHICAGO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Sara Lee Foodservice, a division of The Hillshire Brands Company, today introduces Chef Pierre Luxe Layers perfect flavor pairings, a collection of four pies that combine two distinctive flavors separated by a “midcrust.” The new pie offering enables operators to provide an upscale pie offering at a midrange price.
“Luxe Layers are truly a new dessert experience that evolve pies into a more gourmet dessert space,” said Jason Katzman, vice president of marketing, Sara Lee Foodservice. “As the foodservice leader in pie, we regularly bring innovation to the category. Our unique midcrust innovation is a breakthrough that allows us to create a new dessert that layers perfect flavor and texture combinations.”
Chef Pierre Luxe Layers are available in four flavor combinations:
- Blueberry with Lemon Meringue – Blueberries and lemon, divided by a layer of piecrust and topped with toasted meringue
- Apple with Salted Caramel – Cinnamon-spiced apples and salted caramel, divided by a layer of piecrust and topped with crumbled streusel
- Cherry with Chocolate Ganache – Cherries and chocolate ganache, divided by a layer of piecrust, and topped with whipped topping and dark chocolate flakes
- Chocolate Mousse with Caramel – Chocolate mousse and caramel, divided by a layer of piecrust, and topped with all-dairy whipped topping
The new pies also feature a seasonal rotation of flavors that match the insight that diners change their dessert preference depending on the season:
- Fall – Apple with Salted Caramel
- Winter – Chocolate Mousse with Caramel
- Spring – Blueberry with Lemon Meringue
- Summer – Cherry with Chocolate Ganache
The thaw-and-serve convenience reduces the operator labor costs of baking in the kitchen and the pre-sliced presentation offers uniform slices without the need for knives. Basic handling instructions are listed on the front label with detailed serving instructions on the back.
“Consumers receive a consistent, tasty and unique dessert and operators save time, labor and money in the kitchen, while elevating the dessert experience,” said Katzman.
In addition to Luxe Layers, Chef Pierre offers more than two-dozen variations of pre-baked, un-baked, pre-sliced, and whole pies. To learn more about Chef Pierre, please visit www.chefpierrepies.com.
About Sara Lee Foodservice
Sara Lee Foodservice, a division of The Hillshire Brands Company, is a leading supplier of meat and bakery solutions that provides value beyond its products to a broad base of foodservice operators throughout North America. Sara Lee Foodservice markets products enjoyed away from home for every daypart under such well-known brands as Sara Lee and Chef Pierre bakery products and Jimmy Dean, Ball Park and Hillshire Farm meats. Sara Lee Foodservice products are available in restaurants, retail establishments, schools, convenience stores, healthcare facilities, hospitality venues and other foodservice operations. For more information about Sara Lee Foodservice, please visit www.saraleefoodservice.com.