DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/9rf23x/medipoint_total) has announced the addition of the "MediPoint: Total Shoulder Replacement - South American Analysis and Market Forecasts" report to their offering.
Compared with the more mature reconstruction markets, such as hip and knee replacements, shoulder reconstruction is developing as a specialty. Current market growth in shoulder reconstruction is mainly driven by total shoulder replacement (TSR), which comprises anatomic total and reverse total shoulder replacements.
Although sluggish economic growth has hindered the large-joint replacement market in the United States and Europe, the global TSR market has seen a promising growth rate in the past few years. This healthy growth can be attributed to an increasing patient population, an improved surgeon adoption of reverse shoulder implants, as well as evolving insurance and reimbursement landscape.
The authors evaluated currently marketed TSR prostheses, identified the unmet needs in the market, and provided an understanding of surgeon perception of the latest advances within the shoulder community. Over the forecast period, despite the dampening effect of downward pricing pressure, the TSR market is expected to enjoy healthy growth, primarily driven by the trend of active aging, continuous medical education efforts from the supply side, the introduction of additional reverse shoulder implants and the FDA's approval of modern stemless designs. In particular, the market size of reverse TSR is expected to grow at a much faster pace compared with anatomic TSR.
- An overview of arthritis, which includes epidemiology, etiology, symptoms, diagnosis, pathology and treatment guidelines.
- Annualized South American TSR market revenue and future forecasts from 2009 to 2011, forecast for 7 years to 2018.
- Investigation of current and future market competition for TSR
- Insightful review of the key industry drivers, restraints and challenges as well as predicted impact of key events.
- Competitor assessment including device approval analysis and device sales forecasts.
- Marketed and pipeline product profiles covering efficiency, safety, clinical study details, device approvals, product positioning and device sales forecast.
- Analysis of unmet needs within the market and opportunities for future players.
- Technology trends evaluation to assess strength of pipeline.
Smith & Nephew
Lima Corporate S.p.a.
Mathys Ltd Bettlach
Wright Medical Group
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/9rf23x/medipoint_total
About Research and Markets
Research and Markets is the world's leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products and the latest trends.