CALABASAS, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Ixia (Nasdaq: XXIA) announced a new family of products designed to enable enterprises and service providers to handle more traffic and increasingly sophisticated services. The XcellonTM-Multis solution delivers enterprises and service providers the flexibility to test complex scenarios involving high-capacity 10GE, 40GE or 100GE networking products at higher speeds and with a higher return on investment.
Internet traffic, including cloud applications, mixed-media downloads, video streaming, peer-to-peer sharing and rapidly growing wireless usage, continues to grow exponentially, while aggregating 10Gbps links to handle increased bandwidth is no longer sufficient. Despite the transition to higher speeds such as 40GE and 100GE, bandwidth demand continues unabated. With the Xcellon-Multis family, Ixia enables our enterprise, service provider and equipment manufacturer customers to test and validate the scale and complexity of networks at improved costs by delivering space, power and cooling efficiencies.
Ixia customers can now do more with less by using the Xcellon-Multis family, which scales up to hundreds of 40GE and 100GE ports. This is especially important in the data center, where accelerated growth in density and greater traffic demands continue to stress the network elements.
- The continuous need for more bandwidth creates a demand for networking products that offer increasingly higher-density high-speed ports.
- The Xcellon-Multis moves the industry forward by enabling our customers to meet the demand for testing two times higher density devices with test beds that are smaller and more efficient relative to current tools.
- The Xcellon-Multis solution expands bandwidth and resiliency validation in high-performance network fabrics.
Benefits of Ixia’s Xcellon-Multis include:
- Improved ROI — fan-out technology enables multiple speeds from a single test port.
- Smaller footprint — the highest-traffic bandwidth per rack unit.
- Reduced operating costs — less power and cooling mean more savings.
- Highest versatility — a common set of product features across multiple speeds.
Ixia will highlight the Xcellon-Multis technology this week at VMworld 2013 in booth No. 1445.
“Ixia’s Xcellon-Multis is the first to meet our HSE testing needs, which get more stringent as network services become increasingly diverse and sophisticated,” said Darius Goodall, Director, Technical Marketing, Extreme Networks. “By giving us the flexibility to test different speeds and interfaces and the ability to scale up to hundreds of 40GE and 100GE ports, we can ensure that we continue to meet the growing demands of our customers.”
“In 2008, Ixia launched the industry’s first 100GE test solution, and since then we have continuously delivered greater value to our customers with innovative 10GE, 40GE and 100GE products,” said Michael Haugh, Senior Product Marketing Manager, Ixia. “The innovative Xcellon-Multis solution takes the best of these technologies and converges them into a single platform with the versatility to help our customers deliver quality network services.”
Ixia develops amazing products so its customers can connect the world. Ixia helps its customers provide an always-on user experience through fast, secure delivery of dynamic, connected technologies and services. Through actionable insights that accelerate and secure application and service delivery, Ixia’s customers benefit from faster time to market, optimized application performance and higher-quality deployments. Learn more at http://www.ixiacom.com.