CAMPBELL, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Market research firm Infonetics Research released excerpts from its 2013 Telecommunications Equipment Vendor Leadership Scorecard, which profiles, analyzes and ranks the 6 leading suppliers of telecom infrastructure, software and services: Alcatel-Lucent, Cisco, Ericsson, Huawei, NSN and ZTE.
The only report of its kind, Infonetics’ telecom scorecard evaluates vendors on criteria using actual data and metrics, including direct feedback from buyers, vendor market share, share momentum, financials and solution portfolio. This approach eliminates subjectivity and ensures vendors are assessed accurately and fairly.
For a limited time, service providers and enterprises can download Infonetics’ telecom vendor scorecard free of charge (a $500 value) at http://www.infonetics.com/download.asp?id=37.
“The 6 vendors profiled in our telecom scorecard together earn more than half of the world’s telecom equipment and service revenue and share a common thread: they offer products and services across the entire telecom spectrum,” notes Michael Howard, co-founder and principal analyst for carrier networks at Infonetics Research.
“The race for top ranking was tight this year,” continues Howard. “The top 3 vendors—Huawei, Ericsson and Cisco—are bunched closely together due to different strengths, but it’s financial stability that sets them apart from the other 3 vendors—Alcatel-Lucent, NSN and ZTE.”
TELECOM VENDOR SCORECARD HIGHLIGHTS
- With a solid performance in market share, market share momentum and solution breadth, Huawei received the highest overall score for telecom vendor equipment and services
- Ericsson, the world’s largest provider of telecom equipment and services, took the #2-spot, finishing a whisker behind Huawei; Ericsson nabbed above-average scores overall and, thanks to its RAN offering, is in a good position to grow as the world continues to go mobile
- Cisco, #1 in Infonetics’ companion enterprise scorecard, comes in 3rd in the telecom infrastructure scorecard, earning high marks for financial stability and technology innovation
The other vendors analyzed in the report—Alcatel-Lucent, NSN
and ZTE (in alphabetical order)—are well behind the top 3, but
each has corrective measures in place for 2013:
- Through its SHIFT plan, AlcaLu is prioritizing its product portfolio and investing in fewer segments going forward
- Nokia has announced the buyback of Nokia Siemens Networks from Siemens
- ZTE is re-strategizing and has a strong Chinese service provider base to fund global expansion plans
GET THE SCORECARD FREE
Qualified service providers and enterprises can download Infonetics’ 2013 Telecommunications Equipment Vendor Leadership Scorecard – worth $500 – free of charge for a limited time at http://www.infonetics.com/download.asp?id=37.
ABOUT THE SCORECARD
Infonetics’ annual telecom equipment vendor scorecard evaluates the leading vendors in the telecom equipment space using a set of criteria that are commonly used by buyers to select vendors, demonstrate success in the marketplace, and position a vendor for future success. The matrix rankings are based on 7 criteria including market share; market share momentum; financial stability; solution breadth; technology innovation; product reliability; and service and support. Companies ranked: Alcatel-Lucent, Cisco, Ericsson, Huawei, NSN and ZTE. To buy the report, contact Infonetics: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp.
- Infonetics Overall Trends, Forecasts, Scorecards research brief: http://bit.ly/142hkHN
- Service providers and enterprises to spend $1 trillion on telecom and datacom over 5 years
- Operators reveal where in their networks they plan to deploy SDN and NFV first
- Infonetics launches M2M and Connected World market research program
- Ethernet and IP MPLS VPN service providers set to make $374 billion over next 5 years
UPCOMING MARKET FORECASTS & SURVEYS
- Service Provider Routers and Switches – 2Q13 (Aug.)
- M2M Connections and Services by Vertical (Sept.)
- Service Provider Capex, Opex, Revenue, and Subscribers Database (Sept.)
- Core and Edge Router/CES Vendor Leadership: Global Service Provider Survey (Fall)
- Mobile and CDN Routing Strategies: Global Service Provider Survey (Fall)
Visit https://www.infonetics.com/infonetics-events to register for upcoming webinars, view recent webinars on demand or learn about sponsoring a webinar.
- SDNs and NFV: Why Operators Are Investing Now (View on-demand)
- Small Cells Reality Check (Sept. 10: Learn more / register)
- The OTN Expansion: The Next Carrier Upgrade Cycle (Sept. 17: Learn more / register)
- SMS/MMS Security Strategies for Mobile Carriers (Sept. 19: Learn more / register)
TO BUY REPORTS, CONTACT:
N. America (West), Asia Pacific: Larry Howard, firstname.lastname@example.org, +1 408-583-3335
N. America (East), Midwest, L. America: Scott Coyne, email@example.com, +1 408-583-3395
EMEA, India, Singapore: George Stojsavljevic, firstname.lastname@example.org, +44 755-488-1623
Japan, South Korea, China, Taiwan: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp
Infonetics Research (www.infonetics.com) is an international market research and consulting firm serving the communications industry since 1990. A leader in defining and tracking emerging and established technologies in all world regions, Infonetics helps clients plan, strategize and compete effectively. View Infonetics’ About Us slides at http://bit.ly/QUrbrV.