DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/83t8mw/the_global_market) has announced the addition of the "The Global Market for Automotive Turbochargers: 2013 Edition" report to their offering.
In the six years since the last edition of this report, the use of pressure charging techniques has expanded dramatically, and the number of applications has continued to grow. What we have seen in recent years is the ascendancy of the turbocharger and its use by almost every major manufacturer, as well as the adoption of new arrangements that combine turbocharger and supercharger technologies to deliver characteristics superior to what either technology could deliver individually.
The global demand for turbochargers is rising fast; there are a number of key market drivers fuelling this growth, namely tightening regulation governing emissions and fuel efficiency, the high price of fuel, and the popularity of direct injection petrol and diesel-powered cars. The trend towards engine downsizing for improved fuel efficiency and lower emissions continues to gain pace, leading to increasing demand for turbocharging for petrol engines.
The changing regulatory environment is challenging automakers across the globe to create cleaner, more fuel efficient vehicles that are also able to satisfy the performance requirements of demanding consumers. Manufacturers are competing to develop new powertrain systems and technologies, but while these new technologies will no doubt have a role to play, conventionally fuelled vehicles are enabling manufacturers to meet the challenge through turbocharging, coupled with smaller 'downsized' power units.
This exclusive report provides fresh, unbiased insight in a number of areas, including:
- The substantial growth in the demand for light-duty turbochargers worldwide, but especially in North America and China, fuelled by the market-wide trend towards engine downsizing;
- Stricter exhaust emission regulations in all the major vehicle markets and the high price of fuel;
- The trend towards even more strict vehicle CO2 emissions globally; and
- Further improvements in turbocharger technology, making it even more attractive to engineers.
This fourth edition report reviews the key market drivers for turbochargers for both the light vehicle and heavy commercial vehicle markets, providing some forward-looking analysis through to 2020.
- Bosch Mahle Turbo Systems
- Continental Schaeffler
- Cummins Turbo Technologies
- Honeywell Turbo Technologies
- Ishikawajima-Harima Heavy Industries (IHI)
- Mitsubishi Heavy Industries (MHI)
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/83t8mw/the_global_market
About Research and Markets
Research and Markets is the world's leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products and the latest trends.