SAN JOSE, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Netformx®, the leader in collaborative requirements-to-order solutions, and independent analyst firm Technology Research Institute today released a white paper on collaborative solution design platforms. Based on industry research, this document describes how to boost sales and sales engineering team productivity to deliver winning enterprise cloud and data center proposals with higher profitability.
The rush to build enterprise clouds and data centers is an explosive megatrend — and a golden opportunity for solution providers to increase revenues. However, many solution providers face major challenges, including:
- Sales teams lack the design knowledge needed to fully qualify opportunities
- Engineers work with out-of-date product catalogs and inefficiently manage designs across siloed spreadsheets
- Senior design experts are overloaded and don’t have the means to safely delegate work to less-experienced engineers
As a result, providers lose business because their designs take too long to complete, include configuration errors, and lack the flexibility to meet changing requirements.
This white paper provides an essential guide for solution providers to win more cloud and data center business by using a collaborative solution design platform to speed up and synchronize the work of salespeople, engineers, and senior experts. This document highlights eight easily understood platform capabilities and their benefits to drive an effective and streamlined requirements-to-design-to-order process.
- Ensure product catalogs with millions of SKUs and rapid-fire version changes don’t get in the way of always generating accurate and current proposals.
- Leverage high-resolution equipment images in the design workspace as intelligent objects, not static pictures.
- Import predefined and prequalified solutions to standardize and speed design-to-proposal.
- Discover and incorporate existing customer assets into the workspace.
- Enable salespeople to answer pop-up questions to walk the customer through the requirements and arrive at a short list of pre-qualified solutions that meet their budget.
- Integrate with sales opportunity and project management tools.
- Find discounts and lowest priced products.
- Automate processes to keep all aspects of proposal generation up-to-date even through the often-lengthy process.
“Today’s solution providers compete with cloud providers, systems integrators, and service providers of all stripes,” said Dan Baker, analyst, Technology Research Institute. “To win in the market they need to quickly grasp their enterprise customer’s requirements, translate them into compelling designs, and create quotes at a reasonable price point. This white paper explains how a collaborative solution design platform can accomplish that.”
- Download the TRI white paper, “The Data Center and Cloud Infrastructure Boom: Is Your Sales/Engineering Team Equipped to Win its Share of the Business?”, sponsored by Netformx.
- Learn more about Netformx DesignXpert, the global leader in enterprise technology design and proposal generation.
- Watch CRN TV interview on “Data Center Designs” where Editor Kristin Bent interviews Netformx CEO Ittai Bareket.
- Read the InterComms Magazine article "Reducing the Complexity of Data Center Design" including an interview with Scott Boynton, Senior Data Center Strategy Manager at Netformx.
- Read the Pipeline article and interview with Mike Fitz, Vice President of Solution at Sprint entitled “The Next Profitability Challenge: Enterprise Cloud”.
- Learn more about the Netformx KnowledgeBase, the richest multi-vendor content library in the world.
- Discover how Netformx customers benefit by accessing detailed customer success stories.
- Connect with Netformx on Twitter.
Technology Research Institute (TRI) is a boutique analyst firm that has been publishing market research studies on telecom software innovation since 1994. Research Director, Dan Baker, is the editor of Black Swan Telecom Journal and a regular blogger for Billing and OSS World magazine.
Netformx is the leader in collaborative requirements-to-order software solutions for enterprise technology. Netformx’s customers include service providers, systems integrators and equipment vendors who rely on the company’s award-winning solutions to create and sell the information, communications, and technology solutions that power business.
Netformx has over 2,680 solution providers as customers in more than 144 countries. Customers include AT&T, Belgacom, Bell, CDW, CenturyLink, Cisco, Dimension Data, HP, Insight, Juniper, Orange Business Services, Sprint, Swisscom, Telstra, Verizon, and WWT. The Netformx KnowledgeBase™ is the only comprehensive multi-vendor content library for technology products, including specifications, validation rules, pricing, ordering information, and discovery mappings from top technology suppliers including Cisco, Brocade, Eaton, HP, Juniper, Avaya, APC, Belden, Plantronics, Polycom, and TrippLite, among others.
More information can be found at www.Netformx.com.