LOS ANGELES--(BUSINESS WIRE)--TotallyHer Media’s Momtastic (www.momtastic.com), a leading destination offering inspiration and solutions for family and life, announced today August’s Guest Editor: Tia Mowry, mother of one and star of Tia & Tamera on the STYLE Network & Instant Mom on NickMom. Throughout the month, Tia will be serving up her secrets to mommyhood, her health-conscious choice to go vegan, her guilty pleasure, her list of Mommy Must-Haves, and why attachment parenting works for her family. Tia is Momtastic’s inaugural guest editor with more to follow throughout the year.
“Tia is a perfect fit for the role of Momtastic guest editor, given she is a new mom who has a lot to share about how she is raising her son while balancing a busy career,” stated Rebecca Schmitt, Vice President and General Manager of TotallyHer Media. “We are delighted to welcome Tia to the Momtastic community—a space filled with working women sharing their insight, encouragement, and experiences.”
Noteworthy quotes from Tia’s Momtastic blogs:
From ‘Tia Fills Us In’
- “The most embarrassing pregnancy symptom was…gas”
- “My weirdest pregnancy craving was…pickled garlic”
- “You know you’re a mom when…you walk into a business meeting with Pampers in your purse!”
From ‘Why Tia Mowry Went Vegan’
- “My health journey began when I was diagnosed with endometriosis in my late twenties. My doctor recommended I have two surgeries and see a nutritionist to discuss changing my diet.”
- “I had to relearn my way of eating and cooking, which took patience, time, and a lot of discipline. However after reading cook books, taking cooking lessons, and finding amazing self help tools such as Happy Cow (an app that finds vegan restaurants in your area), I found myself enjoying the journey.”
- “After becoming vegan in January of 2013, I've never felt more energized, alive, and well! My migraines, eczema, and extreme fatigue are no longer an issue.”
From ‘Tia’s Mommy Must-Haves’
- Gazillion Bubbles Typhoon: “Cree loves bubbles. This thing is the star of any BBQ/party/afternoon in the yard. The kids flock to it.”
- SkipHop Owl Luggage (Zoo Brand): “So cute and small. Cree can carry it on his own and loves all of the fun animal characters.”
- Kinky-Curly “Knot Today” Leave-in Detangler: “I love that this is all natural and has no harmful ingredients and keeps Cree’s curls looking fabulous.”
- First Word Sampler (iPad app): “This is super fun and also educational. Cree loves it.”
To read all the exclusive articles from Guest Editor Tia Mowry please visit http://www.momtastic.com/hub/tia-mowry.
Momtastic (www.momtastic.com) is an all-inclusive web destination combining premium content and community for mothers. The site helps over 6 million moms a month by answering real questions, providing support and delivering positive inspiration for their day-to-day life.
Momtastic was created to address a void in the market by combining the best of mom blogs and traditional premium content destinations, and now brings in 26 million page views per month. Momtastic covers a number of subjects that interest moms, with sections dedicated to; Parenting, Cooking, Health & Beauty, Home & Living, Entertainment, and Community. Its premium editorial is written by a team of expert moms, including an acclaimed chef, doctors, family therapists, licensed physical trainers, and many more. Momtastic speaks with moms to create a conversational and personal relationship with the mom community; allowing the readers to get to know the writers as they consume useful content on the site.
Momtastic is a part of TotallyHer Media, an Evolve Media publishing vertical dedicated to women and their families.