LEEDS, England--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Leading comparison site MoneySupermarket is showcasing an interactive timeline detailing the most important dates in automobile production.
The launch of this chronological graphic coincides with some of the biggest car manufacturing anniversaries throughout history.
The timeline details every vital car manufacturer launch, merger and purchase from the beginning of production in the late 1800’s to the present day. It highlights the evolution of some of the biggest and longest standing car manufacturing brands in history, including Ford, Toyota and General Motors.
Mapping 127 years, the interactive graphic details the remarkable growth of car manufacturing; from the birth of the industry in 1886 to today’s automotive landscape of 39 major car manufacturers and over 90 key car brands.
In line with the launch of the animated car manufacturer’s timeline, 2013 sees some of the biggest anniversaries in the history of motoring, including the 75th anniversary of the Type 1 Beetle, 50th anniversary of both Lamborghini and Mustang and the 30th anniversary of one of the world’s oldest manufacturer’s most famous car, the Peugeot 205.
Clare Francis, Editor-in-Chief of MoneySupermarket, said: “With some significant motoring industry anniversaries happening in 2013 it’s a good time to look back at the history of car manufacturing, seeing how it’s changed and how brands have been bought and sold. The growth of the motoring industry has inevitably had some effect on things like car insurance and various other elements involved with owning and running a car today.”
Key facts covered in the interactive timeline include:
· The establishment of the world’s first car manufacturer, Mercedes Benz
· The build of the first VW Beetle in 1937
· The death of the Rover in 2005
· Establishment of Seat by the Spanish Government
For more information and to view the timeline visit: http://www.moneysupermarket.com/car-insurance/infographics/history-of-car-manufacturers/#.
For more information about car insurance, visit: http://www.moneysupermarket.com/.
MoneySupermarket.com compares (at 21st June 2013)
· 138 car insurance brands and 93 home insurance brands
· 14 broadband providers and 21 energy providers
· 30 unsecured loan and 5 secured loan providers
· 58 mortgage lenders and 29 credit card providers
· 59 savings providers and 37 current account providers.
· Over 480,000 mobile phone deals
We help our customers to save money on all of their household bills by providing a free, easy to use online service so they can compare a wide range of products in one place and find the product most suited to their needs. Our size means we are able to offer our customers exclusive, market-leading deals, including some they can’t even get direct from providers.
By having considerable volumes of informed customers actively looking for products and ready to purchase, we offer our providers an efficient and cost effective customer acquisition solution across all of our channels. This enables our providers to target their marketing spend in an effective and completely measurable way.
Our revenue comes predominantly from fees paid to us by product providers when a customer clicks through to their website and actually applies for or purchases a product. It is a success based marketing fee.
Our customer commitment
· We make it easy to find the brands you expect to see
· We strive to ensure a product cannot be found cheaper by going direct
· We let you remain in control of your personal data
· We are independent and impartial
· We make it easy to switch and save
· We strive to always show the most competitive product available
This information was brought to you by Cision http://news.cision.com