DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/xlj5dq/gnrh_signaling) has announced the addition of the "GnRH Signaling Pathway in Oncology Drug Pipeline Update 2013" report to their offering.
Gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH) secretion from the hypothalamus acts upon its receptor in the anterior pituitary to regulate the production and release of the gonadotropins, LH and FSH.
There are today 137 companies plus partners developing 152 GnRH signaling pathway targeting drugs in 526 developmental projects in cancer. In addition, the accumulated number of ceased drugs over the last years amount to another 70 drugs. Gnrh Signaling Pathway In Oncology Drug Pipeline Update lists all drugs and gives you a progress analysis on each one of them. Identified drugs are linked to 82 different targets. All included targets have been cross-referenced for the presence of mutations associated with human cancer. To date 73 out of the 82 studied drug targets so far have been recorded with somatic mutations. The software application lets you narrow in on these mutations and links out to the mutational analysis for each of the drug targets for detailed information. All drugs targets are further categorized on in the software application by 22 classifications of molecular function and with pathway referrals to BioCarta, KEGG. NCI-Nature and NetPath.
Drug Pipeline Update at a Glance
- Includes more than 137 principal companies plus their collaborators. There is direct access from inside the application to web pages of all principal companies.
Drug name & Synonyms
- Lists commercial, generic and code names for drugs.
- This Drug Pipeline Update contains 152 GnRH signaling pathway targeting drugs in development, which have a total of 526 developmental projects in cancer. In addition there are ceased drugs.
Pipeline Breakdown According to Number of Drugs
- Marketed # 26
- Pre-registration# 3
- Phase III # 22
- Phase II # 55
- Phase I # 54
- Preclinical # 73
- No Data # 2
- Suspended # 0
- Ceased # 70
- Included GnRH signaling pathway targeting drugs are also in development for 96 other indications, where of 64 are different cancer indications.
- All targets are cross-referenced with the Catalogue of Somatic Mutations in Cancer (COSMIC). It is designed to store and display somatic mutation information and related details and contains information relating to human cancers. To date 73 out of the 82 studied drug targets so far have been recorded with somatic mutations and the software application lets you narrow in on these mutations and links out to the mutational analysis for each of the drug targets for detailed information.
The identity of available biological structures on 69 drug targets was retrieved from the RCSB Protein Databank for you to easily review the 1518 structures available today among drug targets.
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/xlj5dq/gnrh_signaling