WEST ORANGE, N.J.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--New job opportunities in the Life Sciences sector grew 3% overall in the second quarter. While the surface points to a steady number, the ZRG Index data points to some areas with demand and others with dwindling supply.
- Asia Pacific region posted a 29% increase in demand for talent across all health care sectors and functions.
- R&D jobs globally increased across all 3 life sciences markets with over 1,500 new jobs identified in the index companies, representing a 35% increase this quarter.
- EMEA had a 9.5% decrease in overall hiring demand across all 3 traced sectors of health care.
- Quality, Regulatory, and Clinical roles dropped to the lowest level recorded in the index.
- The Outsourcing and Services sector showed less demand in hiring overall in Q2.
Private Equity Snapshot
Private equity as a whole over the last couple of quarters has seen activity decline as a result of a busy end to 2012 and ongoing uncertainties at the macro economy level. The Healthcare industry and the different sectors that make it up are no different and have actually seen investment activity slowdown more than overall PE. In talking with investors and those in the industry there is still a lot interest from private equity firms but a precondition to investing is usually a firm grasp of what the future holds for a particular industry, market and company. In the Healthcare industry this clarity is just not there with all of the new regulations taking effect and changes happening as a result. Until there is more clarity on a lot of issues look for investment in the Healthcare industry to be at below normal levels.
The Private Equity Snapshot is provided by Adley Bowden, Director of Research and Managing Editor of PitchBook Data Inc.
About ZRG Partners
ZRG Partners, Inc. is a global authority on talent management issues in the Life Sciences, Pharmaceutical and Medical markets. ZRG provides its clients with specialized global market expertise in executive recruitment, consulting and advisory work with a focus on data and analytics to drive great business decisions.
For a full copy of the report, please go to www.zrgpartners.com.