CAMPBELL, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Market research firm Infonetics Research today released excerpts from its 2013 Enterprise Networking and Communication Vendor Leadership Scorecard, which profiles, analyzes and ranks the leading vendors of enterprise networking, network security, and communication equipment and software worldwide.
The 8 vendors analyzed in the 25-page report include Alcatel-Lucent, Avaya, Brocade, Cisco, HP, Juniper, NEC and Siemens Enterprise.
The only report of its kind, Infonetics’ enterprise networking vendor scorecard evaluates datacom vendors on criteria using actual data and metrics, such as direct feedback from buyers, vendor market share, share momentum, financials and solution portfolio. This approach eliminates subjective scoring and ensures vendors are assessed accurately and fairly.
For a limited time, businesses and service providers can download the $500 enterprise vendor scorecard free of charge at http://www.infonetics.com/download.asp?id=36.
“More than 100 vendors are vying for a piece of the $50 billion enterprise networking and communication infrastructure market, but only 8 have a diverse product offering and consistently capture more than 1% market share,” observes Matthias Machowinski, directing analyst for enterprise networks and video at Infonetics Research and lead author of the report. “Our enterprise scorecard helps buyers make accurate comparisons among vendors based on commonly-used purchase criteria and identify which vendors are most suitable for their organization’s specific requirements.”
Machowinski adds: “Cisco leads this field by a wide margin, claiming a perfect score in 6 out of the 7 criteria that we measure in our enterprise vendor scorecard. But the battle for 2nd place remains heavily contested, as witnessed by the tie this year between Brocade and Juniper.”
ENTERPRISE SCORECARD HIGHLIGHTS
- Aside from Cisco, for the most part vendor scores fall into a narrow range; a notable exception is financial stability, where there is significant variability in scores
- Brocade strongly improved its ranking this year due to improvements in financials, market share momentum and buyer perception
- Juniper maintained its score from last year, as improvements in solution breadth and buyer perception were offset by weaker financials
- HP ranks 2nd in 5 out of 7 criteria but slid into 4th place overall due to slowing market share momentum and weakening financials
- The core business of the other 4 vendors analyzed in the report — Alcatel-Lucent, Avaya, NEC and Siemens Enterprise — revolves around the PBX market, which has been slow to recover from the recession, limiting their financial stability and growth prospects
- That said, Alcatel-Lucent, Avaya and Siemens offer some of the most extensive product portfolios, and NEC’s early work on software-defined networking (SDN) could bring up its technology innovation scores next year
GET THE SCORECARD FREE
Qualified businesses and service providers can download Infonetics’ 2013 Enterprise Networking and Communication Vendor Leadership Scorecard – worth $500 – free of charge for a limited time at http://www.infonetics.com/download.asp?id=36.
ABOUT THE SCORECARD
Infonetics’ annual enterprise vendor scorecard evaluates the leading enterprise networking and communication equipment vendors using criteria that are commonly used by buyers to select vendors, demonstrate success in the marketplace, and position a vendor for success. The matrix rankings are based on 7 criteria including market share; market share momentum; financial stability; solution breadth; technology innovation; product reliability; and service and support. Companies ranked: Alcatel-Lucent, Avaya, Brocade, Cisco, HP, Juniper, NEC and Siemens Enterprise. To buy the report, contact Infonetics: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp.
- Infonetics Enterprise Networks / Vendor Scorecard research brief: http://bit.ly/16hVccB
- Alcatel-Lucent strategist Clifford Grossner joins Infonetics as data center and cloud analyst
- Enterprises’ network demands on a collision course with budget reality
- PBX-based video systems keep enterprise video market afloat
- WLAN gear sees rare down quarter
- Cisco takes early lead in 100G Ethernet switches
- Vendor share shakeups expected in content security market in 2013
- Cisco, Acme Packet, Sonus vie for lead in growing enterprise SBC market
- Infonetics ranks Comcast, Verizon, 8x8, XO top N. American business VoIP providers
TO BUY REPORTS, CONTACT:
N. America (West), Asia Pacific: Larry Howard, firstname.lastname@example.org, +1 408-583-3335
N. America (East), Midwest, L. America: Scott Coyne, email@example.com, +1 408-583-3395
EMEA, India, Singapore: George Stojsavljevic, firstname.lastname@example.org, +44 755-488-1623
Japan, South Korea, China, Taiwan: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp
Infonetics Research (www.infonetics.com) is an international market research and consulting firm serving the communications industry since 1990. A leader in defining and tracking emerging and established technologies in all world regions, Infonetics helps clients plan, strategize and compete effectively. View Infonetics’ About Us slides at http://bit.ly/QUrbrV.