OMAHA, Neb.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--TD Ameritrade Holding Corporation (NYSE: AMTD) is pleased to announce that the following collegiate baseball players will travel to Omaha, Neb. to compete in the 2013 TD Ameritrade College Home Run Derby:
- Matt Gonzalez – a freshman from Georgia Tech University, who finished the season with 3 home runs and 37 RBI. His 17-game hitting streak was his team’s second longest this year. He was named to the 2013 Louisville Slugger Freshman All-American Baseball Team, as selected by Collegiate Baseball Newspaper.
- DJ Stewart – a freshman from Florida State University, who finished the season with 5 home runs and 59 RBI. He was named to the All-ACC second team and the All-ACC tournament team. He was named to the 2013 Louisville Slugger Freshman All-American Baseball Team, as selected by Collegiate Baseball Newspaper, and as a Freshman All-American by the NCBWA.
- Kenny Towns – a sophomore from the University of Virginia, who hit 7 home runs and 44 RBI. He hit his first career walk-off home run against Florida State in the all-ACC tournament and was named to the Charlottesville All-Regional team.
- Bo Thompson – a sophomore from the Citadel who finished the season with 14 home runs and 52 RBI. He was named second team All-Southern Conference and named to the Southern Conference All-Tournament team after helping the Bulldogs reach the championship game.
- Michael Aquino – a junior from Rice University, who led the Owls in slugging percentage (.509), total bases (126), RBI (43) and sharing the team lead in home runs (9). He was named to the All-Conference USA second team.
- Caleb Adams – a sophomore from Louisiana-Lafayette University, who finished the year with a team-leading 16 home runs and 55 RBI. He led the Ragin’ Cajuns with 15 multi-RBI games and was named second team All-Sun Belt Conference.
- Garrett Boulware – a sophomore from Clemson University, who finished the year with 8 home runs and 45 RBI. He led the Tigers in home runs, RBI, total bases (108) and slugging percentage (.476). He was a Gregg Olson Award semifinalist, a Johnny Bench Award Watch List member and won the Mitchell Award, given annually to the team’s most valuable player.
- Joey Pankake – a sophomore from South Carolina University, who finished the year with 11 home runs and 42 RBI. He was named National Player of the Week by Collegiate Baseball and SEC Player of the Week for the week of March 4-10, 2013 after belting 4 home runs, scoring 7 runs and driving in 9 runs for the Gamecocks in 5 games.
TD Ameritrade Holding Corporation and all third party companies mentioned are separate and unaffiliated companies and are not responsible for each other’s services or policies. The 2013 TD Ameritrade College Home Run Derby is not affiliated with Major League Baseball, its teams or affiliated entities.
About TD Ameritrade Holding Corporation
Millions of investors and independent registered investment advisors (RIAs) have turned to TD Ameritrade's (NYSE: AMTD) technology, people and education to help make investing and trading easier to understand and do. Online or over the phone. In a branch or with an independent RIA. First-timer or sophisticated trader. Our clients want to take control, and we help them decide how - bringing Wall Street to Main Street for more than 38 years. An official sponsor of the 2014 and 2016 U.S. Olympic and Paralympic Teams, TD Ameritrade has time and again been recognized as a leader in investment services. Please visit TD Ameritrade's newsroom or www.amtd.com for more information.
Since 1985, Intersport has been an award-winning innovator and leader in the creation of sports and entertainment based marketing platforms. Intersport owns and operates seven annual live television events: All-Star Football Challenge, College Home Run Derby, College Slam Dunk & 3-Point Championships, High School Slam Dunk & 3-Point Championships, Hockey City Classic, Women’s Basketball Tip-Off Classic and the Under Armour All-America High School Football Game. To learn more about Intersport, log on to www.intersportnet.com, like us on Facebook (www.Facebook.com/IntersportBuzz) or follow us on Twitter (@IntersportBuzz).