BOSTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Market research firm Infonetics Research released excerpts from its Network Equipment Spending and Vendor Leadership: North American Enterprise Survey, which explores enterprises’ top networking initiatives, budget priorities and growth, investment drivers and barriers, and vendor preferences.
“Our latest enterprise survey uncovered a solid outlook for network equipment spending, driven by the ever-growing demands placed on network infrastructure. But not all is well: there is a disconnect between the growth in network usage and enterprise budgets, and cost containment is one of the top priorities over the next year. Vendors who can solve this challenge are best positioned to take share in this $27-billion-a-year market,” advises Matthias Machowinski, directing analyst for enterprise networks and video at Infonetics Research.
NETWORK EQUIPMENT SPENDING SURVEY HIGHLIGHTS
- On average, respondent organizations spent around $2 million each on networking equipment in 2012
- Enterprises’ top 4 networking-related initiatives over the next 12 months are beefing up security, adoption of cloud architectures/services, virtualization of IT infrastructure and cost containment
- Respondents plan to slightly throttle WLAN expenditures this year, correspondingly increasing router and switch outlays
- Company headquarters are the top investment focus, but those surveyed intend to ramp branch office spending as they seek new opportunities for post-recession growth
- Survey respondents rate Cisco the top networking manufacturer overall, but the big IT suppliers – IBM, HP and Dell – have beefed up their networking capabilities and are battling for the #2 position
ABOUT THE SURVEY
For its 23-page network equipment spending survey, Infonetics interviewed 210 North American organizations that have at least 100 employees about their networking equipment, plans and purchase considerations over the next year. The survey provides insights into networking initiatives, budget priorities and growth, investment drivers and barriers, and vendor preferences. Vendors named in the survey include Alcatel-Lucent, Aruba, Avaya, Brocade, Cisco, D-Link, Dell, HP, Huawei, IBM, Juniper, Linksys, Motorola, Oracle, Netgear, VMware and others. To buy the report, contact Infonetics: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp.
- Infonetics’ June Enterprise Networking research brief: http://bit.ly/13ayjs8
- Data center equipment takes hit in 1Q13; Citrix gains on F5
- 16G Fibre Channel comes back strong in 1Q13
- Doubling year-over-year, PBX-based video systems keeping enterprise video market afloat
- Enterprise router market starts 2013 on a down note
- WLAN gear sees rare down quarter
- Cisco takes early lead in 100G Ethernet switches
- Ethernet switch buyers willing to take a second look at alternative vendors
UPCOMING MARKET FORECASTS, SURVEYS & SCORECARD
- Enterprise Networking and Communication Vendor Leadership Scorecard
- Enterprise Routers - 2Q13 Edition
- Ethernet Switches - 2Q13 Edition
- Enterprise Telepresence and Video Conferencing Equipment - 2Q13 Edition
- Wireless LAN Equipment and WiFi Phones - 2Q13 Edition
Visit https://www.infonetics.com/infonetics-events to register for upcoming webinars, view recent webinars on demand or learn about sponsoring a webinar.
- Preparing Enterprise Networks for a Wireless Multi-Device World (View on demand)
- SDNs and NFV: Why Operators Are Investing Now (View on demand)
- Architecting Wireless LANs for a BYOD World (Sept. 25: Sponsorships available)
- Evolving Routers for a Cloud-Based World (Sponsorships available)
TO BUY REPORTS, CONTACT:
N. America (West), Asia Pacific: Larry Howard, email@example.com, +1 408-583-3335
N. America (East), Midwest, L. America: Scott Coyne, firstname.lastname@example.org, +1 408-583-3395
EMEA, India, Singapore: George Stojsavljevic, email@example.com, +44 755-488-1623
Japan, South Korea, China, Taiwan: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp
Infonetics Research (www.infonetics.com) is an international market research and consulting firm serving the communications industry since 1990. A leader in defining and tracking emerging and established technologies in all world regions, Infonetics helps clients plan, strategize and compete effectively. View Infonetics’ About Us slides at http://bit.ly/QUrbrV.