NICE, France--(BUSINESS WIRE)--TM Forum Management World — Service providers can rapidly create and introduce new mobile data and digital lifestyle services with the new release of Tekelec’s market-leading Policy Server (PCRF) available this quarter.
The latest capabilities enable service providers to:
Create and quickly introduce flexible offers using dynamic quotas.
The Policy Server’s new rules engine allots dynamic quotas, which
provide more flexibility within subscribers’ existing plans. Examples
- Promotional quotas spanning weeks, days or hours within an existing plan month
- Roll-over data within any time frame (e.g. day to day or month to month)
- Quotas that adjust or start over in the middle of a service plan.
In addition, the Policy Server allows operators to replicate multiple groups of policy rules, increasing the speed of new service creation. Service providers can copy rules from systems in deployment or in lab environments, rapidly reproduce advanced use cases and then easily modifying variables to roll out new offers.
- Introduce and scale Voice over LTE (VoLTE) services. Tekelec’s Policy Server gives service providers flexibility to request different amounts of bandwidth depending on the type of device and service. By allocating bandwidth based on the devices requesting it, operators can zero-rate voice traffic over LTE networks, manage voice sessions on IMS networks and implement quality of service controls for VoLTE calls.
- Enhance support for Wi-Fi services. The Policy Server recognizes when devices are on Wi-Fi networks, which allows operators to differentiate charging of services based on network access type.
Improve customer service with unprecedented analytics. The
system feeds records of certain policy actions to enterprise analytics
solutions to uncover:
- Network knowledge such locations of congestion and rogue applications.
- Business intelligence such as which applications are most commonly used on certain brand names or types of devices, or patters on machine-to-machine (M2M) device usage.
- Subscriber insights such as those who frequently exceed monthly quotas (and who would benefit from a new plan) and forensic data to identify causes of poor quality of service.
- Prioritize communications for first responders during emergencies. The Policy Server supports the Enhanced Multimedia Priority Service (eMPS) standard in the 3GPP Release 10 specification. This prioritizes the quality of service for 911 calls and interactions to and from federal, state and local government officials.
“Service providers are entering an era of new opportunities to transform the delivery of mobile data services and partner with advertisers, businesses and Wi-Fi network providers,” said Houck Reed, vice president of product management and marketing at Tekelec. “Tekelec’s Policy Server provides the underlying technology to usher in new flexible offers and partnerships, and give service providers ThinkingNetworks™ that align network resources with subscriber needs and revenue drivers.”
“Service providers are seeking policy servers that can unlock new revenue opportunities and free up network resources for the best use of bandwidth among subscribers. And they want this with minimal services and support time required,” said Graham Finnie, chief analyst at Heavy Reading. “These types of improvements further service providers’ abilities to invent new tariff plans and offers, and to get the most out of 3G, LTE and Wi-Fi networks.”
Tekelec’s policy solutions now serve more than 60 service providers, including more than 50 Tier 1 providers, in 35 countries. Seven customers have purchased Tekelec’s Policy Server to support LTE deployments.
Tekelec’s intelligent mobile broadband solutions enable service providers to manage and monetize mobile data in LTE, IMS and 3G networks. We are the architects of the New Diameter Network, a portfolio of session, policy and subscriber data management products that lays the foundation to evolve to software-defined ThinkingNetworks™. More than 300 service providers use our market-leading solutions to deliver cloud, machine-to-machine and personalized services to consumers and enterprises. For more information visit www.tekelec.com.