BELLEVUE, Wash.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--RF Surgical Systems, Inc., the leader in prevention and detection of retained surgical items (RSI), today announced an expanded customer base, bringing the total number of facilities currently using RF Surgical Detection technology, and those covered by a signed agreement and with a scheduled implementation date, to over 300 facilities. The company attributes their continued success to a wide range of clinical and economic benefits inherent to the RF Assure Detection platform, such as:
- Ease of Use: one push of a button, clinicians can validate sponge counts in seconds.
- Confidence: highly efficacious patient scans ensuring that no surgical sponges are left behind.
- Cost Effective: quickly rectify miscounts by locating the missing sponge, avoiding surgical delays, reducing anesthesia time and the need for unnecessary x-rays.
- Evidence-based technology validated by numerous clinical studies.
- Economic viability: helping hospitals reduce direct and indirect cost associated to one of the most common sentinel events, retained surgical items.
The company also confirmed that the increased customer base includes recent agreements with large health systems, academic hospitals, and hospitals that are converting from competitive technologies.
“We are pleased to see that the RF Surgical Detection technology is helping more and more hospitals achieve their patient safety goals while at the same time reinforcing how technologies like ours have benefited their patients, staff, and overall operating margins,” said Dr. Jeffrey Port, co-founder, RF Surgical Systems. “The fact that our technology is the preferred solution in over three hundred hospitals from coast to coast continues to validate the tremendous benefits radio frequency detection technology brings to healthcare providers by eliminating the incidence of RSIs, and improving patient safety in all surgical procedures.”
About RF Surgical Systems, Inc.
RF Surgical Systems, Inc. is the market leader in the detection and prevention of retained surgical items. The RF Surgical Detection System is the preferred solution in more than 300 hospitals and surgical centers, including recently added US News & World Report "Honor Roll" hospital recipients, have joined the fast-growing list of care providers benefiting from the RF Surgical Detection Technology. RF Surgical Systems is based in Bellevue, Washington with R & D facilities in San Diego, California. The advanced technologies used in the RF Surgical Detection System are protected by U.S. patents. Regulatory clearance to market the system was granted by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration in November 2006. Additional information about RF Surgical Systems, Inc., can be found at www.rfsurg.com.