BOCA RATON, Fla.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The spring shopping season is in full bloom! Shopping for moms, dads and grads likely makes this the second busiest shopping season of the year, kicking off with Mother’s Day (May 12), the second-highest gift-giving day of the year, after Christmas. Coupled with Father’s Day (June 16) and a steady stream of high school and college graduations, the exchange of gifts among loved ones is widespread this season.
Hot trends in spring 2013 gifting have been identified by global consumer products leader Jarden Consumer Solutions which includes Crock-Pot®, FoodSaver®, Margaritaville®, Mr. Coffee® and Oster® among its family of brands. Moms’ most-wanted gifts this year include those that can be personalized or provide a customizable experience, as well as items that make moms life easier. For dads, gadgets that offer unique technology to save money or enjoy a hobby are in high demand. And, recent graduates want amazing gifts that will help them create dream dorms or smart first homes. Innovations from some of the most highly rated brands in America have hit the market offering best-of-category wares with technology and attributes tailor-made to satisfy moms, dads and grads most wanted lists.
Crock-Pot®, the original and leading slow cooker brand, is constantly evolving to meet consumer demand for tech infused smart devices and customizable giftables that save time and money.
- With the new Crock-Pot® Slow Cooker with Smart Cook™ Technology (MSRP: $129.99) consumers need only select the ready time and the base protein, and this smart slow cooker does the rest.
- Personalized slow cookers are very popular too. Moms will love the Crock-Pot® Create-a-Crock™ Slow Cooker (MSRP: $29.99-$49.99) that can be personalized with images of the special moments and people in her life.
- For football fanatic dads, the portable NFL Crock-Pot® Cook & Carry™ Slow Cooker can be customized with his favorite team and can be used to safely transport home-cooked meals whether tailgating or home-gating. These Crock-Pot® Slow Cookers are available on Crock-Pot.com.
The Mr. Coffee® brand features two new innovations tailor-made for moms, dads and grads. Both are well-suited for everything from small households to entertaining large gatherings, and offer customized experiences while saving money.
- The new Mr. Coffee® Single Cup Brewing System with 40-oz Reservoir (MSRP: $99.99) is the result of the brand’s partnership with Keurig® to offer consumers premium single-serve brewing technology at a value. Using K-Cup® packs, consumers can brew coffee, tea, and hot cocoa in under a minute, choosing a six, eight or 10-oz cup size to provide customized, one cup brews.
- The Mr. Coffee® Café Barista (MSRP: $199.99) brings the coffeehouse home, brewing espresso, cappuccinos, lattes, and other specialty beverages with ease through a 15-bar pump that delivers robust espresso with abundant natural crema. A hands-free frothing system whips up rich, creamy milk that auto dispenses into the brewed espresso. Pre-programmed settings measure the perfect amount of espresso, whether preparing a shot, a cappuccino or a latte. These Mr. Coffee® products are available at Wal-Mart and Bed Bath & Beyond, respectively.
From the Margaritaville® brand comes two hot items for moms, dads and recent grads who love to entertain and party! Entertaining at home continues to become more and more popular as adults are entertaining and cooking in their homes to save money, instead of going out.
- Endorsed by Dr. Gadget® himself on ABC’s The View and Extra TV, the Margaritaville® Mixed Drink Maker (MSRP $299.99) is a virtual bartender and consummate party starter featuring an engaging digital display and 45 pre-programmed drink recipes created by Margaritaville® bartenders. Just add choice liquors and mixers into each of the four reservoirs, and then press the button to whip up perfectly proportioned cocktails all night long.
- The Margaritaville® Fiji™ Frozen Concoction® Maker (MSRP: $499.99) blends perfect ‘ritas, daiquiris, mudslides, and smoothies using four completely automated smart drink cycles that know exactly how much ice to shave and how long to blend. Customize each cycle to create one, two or three drinks at a time. Customize each drink using the manual shave or blend toggle. Check out these and other Margaritaville® products at MargaritavilleCargo.com.
Featuring classic styling & legendary performance, Oster® products are designed to last, encourage creativity, and inspire confidence in the kitchen.
- Essential for any household, and especially useful for the growing smoothie and green drink market commercially-inspired Oster® Versa® Performance Blender (MSRP: $399.99) blends it all, from soup to nuts, using a massive 1,400-watt motor and stainless steel blades that spin at 28,000 RPM. This premium blending appliance features electronic pre-programmed settings to deliver convenient one-touch operation while separate speed dial and pulse button put precise blending, control and customization at your fingertips. A cookbook to inspire hundreds of ways to use the Oster® Versa® Performance Blender is included.
- Moms who enjoy baking with ease will obsess over the new Oster® Die-Cast Planetary Stand Mixer (MSRP: $159.99). Durable die-cast metal construction, 350-watt motor, and planetary mixing action inspire effortless, thorough mixing at any of the 12 available speeds. From mashed potatoes, bread and cookie dough, to chocolate brownie mix, cake batter, creamy frosting or fluffy meringue, this is the mixer for mom in 2013! These Oster® products are available at OsterVersa.com and Wal-Mart respectively.
FoodSaver®, the number one selling brand in food preservation, offers moms, dads and grads easy to use technology to save money by keeping foods fresher up to 5 times longer than traditional methods.
- Sleek simplicity describes the fully automatic FoodSaver® V3880 Vacuum Sealing System (MSRP: $179). Two vacuum speeds, normal and gentle, and two food settings, moist and dry, take the guesswork out of food preservation. This system is also great for managing mealtimes. Cook large quantities in advance and preserve meals in the freezer for quick, homemade meals as needed.
- Essential equipment for outdoor-loving dads is the portable and rugged FoodSaver® GameSaver® Silver Vacuum Sealing System (MSRP: $199). Made for use in the field, this heavy duty gadget features a 15-foot, 12-volt DC power cord and preserves game and fish up to five times longer than traditional methods and prevents freezer burn. These items are available at FoodSaver.com.
Margaritaville® is a registered trademark and is used under license.
About Jarden Corporation
Jarden Corporation is a leading provider of a diverse range of consumer products with a portfolio of over 100 trusted, quality brands sold globally. Jarden operates in three primary business segments through a number of well recognized brands, including: Outdoor Solutions: Abu Garcia®, Aero®, Berkley®, Campingaz® and Coleman®, ExOfficio®, Fenwick®, Gulp!®, Invicta®, K2®, Marker®, Marmot®, Mitchell®, Penn®, Rawlings®, Shakespeare®, Stearns®, Stren®, Trilene®, Völkl® and Zoot®; Consumer Solutions: Bionaire®, Breville®, Crock-Pot®, FoodSaver®, Health o meter®, Holmes®, Mr. Coffee®, Oster®, Patton®, Rival®, Seal-a-Meal®, Sunbeam®, VillaWare® and White Mountain®; and Branded Consumables: Ball®, Bee®, Bernardin®, Bicycle®, Billy Boy®, Crawford®, Diamond®, Dicon®, Fiona®, First Alert®, First Essentials®, Hoyle®, Kerr®, Lehigh®, Lifoam®, Lillo®, Loew Cornell®, Mapa®, NUK®, Pine Mountain®, Quickie®, Spontex® and Tigex®. Headquartered in Rye, N.Y., Jarden ranks #371 on the Fortune 500 and has over 25,000 employees worldwide. For in-depth information about Jarden, please visit www.jarden.com.