CINCINNATI--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Fifth Third Bancorp (NASDAQ: FITB) has announced that its shareholders have re-elected the following directors at the Bancorp’s Annual Meeting held earlier today at the Hyatt Regency Hotel in Cincinnati:
- Darryl Allen, retired chairman, CEO and president, Aeroquip-Vickers, Inc.
- B. Evan Bayh III, partner, McGuireWoods LLP.
- Ulysses L. Bridgeman, Jr., owner and president, B.F. Companies.
- Emerson L. Brumback, retired president and COO, M&T Bank.
- James P. Hackett, president, CEO and director, Steelcase, Inc.
- Gary R. Heminger, president, CEO and director, Marathon Petroleum Corporation.
- Jewell D. Hoover, principal and bank consultant, Hoover and Associates, LLC.
- William M. Isaac, chairman, Fifth Third Bancorp and senior managing director, FTI Consulting.
- Kevin T. Kabat, vice chairman and CEO, Fifth Third Bancorp.
- Dr. Mitchel D. Livingston, retired vice president for Student Affairs and Chief Diversity Officer, University of Cincinnati.
- Michael B. McCallister, chairman and former CEO of Humana, Inc.
- Hendrik G. Meijer, co-chairman, director and CEO, Meijer, Inc.
- John J. Schiff, Jr., chairman of the Executive Committee, director and former CEO of Cincinnati Financial Corporation.
- Marsha C. Williams, retired senior vice president and CFO, Orbitz Worldwide, Inc.
Fifth Third shareholders also approved the following:
- A proposal to approve the appointment of Deloitte and Touche LLP.
- The shareholders, by advisory vote, approved the Company’s Executive Compensation plan.
- The shareholders, by advisory vote, also approved that a shareholder vote on executive compensation practices will occur every one year.
Fifth Third Bancorp is a diversified financial services company headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio. The Company has $122 billion in assets and operates 18 affiliates with 1,321 full-service Banking Centers, including 104 Bank Mart® locations open seven days a week inside select grocery stores and 2,440 ATMs in Ohio, Kentucky, Indiana, Michigan, Illinois, Florida, Tennessee, West Virginia, Pennsylvania, Missouri, Georgia and North Carolina. Fifth Third operates four main businesses: Commercial Banking, Branch Banking, Consumer Lending, and Investment Advisors. Fifth Third also has a 33% interest in Vantiv Holding, LLC. Fifth Third is among the largest money managers in the Midwest and, as of December 31, 2012, had $308 billion in assets under care, of which it managed $27 billion for individuals, corporations and not-for-profit organizations. Investor information and press releases can be viewed at www.53.com. Fifth Third's common stock is traded on the NASDAQ® National Global Select Market under the symbol "FITB." Fifth Third Bank. Member FDIC.