CAMPBELL, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Market research firm Infonetics Research released excerpts from its latest Macrocell Mobile Backhaul Equipment and Services market share and forecast report, which ranks mobile backhaul equipment vendors, identifies market growth areas, and provides analysis of equipment, connections, cell sites, and service charges.
“While its revenue growth rate is slowing, macrocell mobile backhaul equipment remains a huge market, with annual spending up in the $8 to $9 billion range over the next years. Just a few years ago in 2009, the market was worth under $5 billion,” notes Michael Howard, principal analyst for carrier networks and co-founder of Infonetics Research.
Howard adds: “When we add to the picture small cell backhaul equipment (which we track in another report), which we believe will total a cumulative $5 billion over 5 years, it becomes clear that the backhaul market is massive. The key drivers are the ongoing HSPA/HSPA+ onslaught across the 3GPP world and growing LTE deployments by 3GPP2 players. If you don’t have packet backhaul, there’s no way to handle HSPA and HSPA+. Ethernet and microwave backhaul spending are fueling the whole market.”
MACROCELL MOBILE BACKHAUL MARKET HIGHLIGHTS
- The global macrocell mobile backhaul equipment market rose 7% in 2012 from 2011, to over $8 billion
- Microwave, the largest spending segment in 2012, is on an upward trajectory even as fiber increases, growing to 56% of mobile backhaul revenue by 2017
- Huawei and Alcatel-Lucent are in a virtual tie for the Ethernet access device/gateway and Ethernet router revenue market share lead; meanwhile, Ericsson is #1 in mobile backhaul microwave equipment
- Subscribers are growing fast: mobile broadband subscribers are expected to outnumber fixed broadband subscribers by a factor of 3 by 2014
Infonetics’ biannual macrocell mobile backhaul report provides worldwide and regional market share, market size, forecasts through 2017, analysis, and trends for macrocell mobile backhaul equipment, connections, installed cell sites, and service charges by technology. Companies tracked: Accedian, Actelis, ADTRAN, ADVA, Alcatel-Lucent, Aviat Networks, BridgeWave, Canoga Perkins, Celtro, Ceragon, Ciena, Cisco, DragonWave, ECI Telecom, Ericsson, FibroLAN, Huawei, Intracom, IPITEK, Juniper, MRV, NEC, Nokia Siemens Networks, Overture, Positron, RAD, Telco Systems, Tellabs, Telrad, Thomson, ZTE, and others. To buy the report, contact Infonetics: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp.
- Infonetics’ latest Mobile Backhaul and Microwave research brief: http://bit.ly/XmQOHU
- Millimeter wave market set to double in 2013, fueled by LTE backhaul, led by BridgeWave
- Small cell market forecast to hit $2.7 billion by 2017
- LTE market nearly doubling in 2013
- Microwave equipment market forecast to hit $5.2 billion in 2017; Alcatel-Lucent gains in Q4
- Small cell operators face myriad operational and financial challenges
- Outdoor small cell backhaul a 5-year $5 billion opportunity
- Operators spending $5.6B over 5 years on Ethernet access devices; ADVA takes top spot
UPCOMING MARKET SHARE / SIZE / FORECAST REPORTS & SURVEYS
- Ethernet Access Devices (EADs)
- Carrier Ethernet Equipment
- Core and Edge Router/CES Vendor Leadership: Global Service Provider Survey
- Microwave Equipment - 1Q13 Edition
- Ethernet and IP MPLS VPN Services
- Small Cell Mobile Backhaul Equipment
Visit https://www.infonetics.com/infonetics-events to register for or to sponsor Infonetics events.
- Diameter Signaling Control: Managing Mobile Broadband Growth (Apr. 11: Register)
- Routing vs. Ethernet for LTE Backhaul (Sponsorships available)
- Integrating Carrier WiFi with the Mobile Network (View on demand)
TO BUY REPORTS, CONTACT:
N. America (West), Asia, Latin America: Larry Howard, email@example.com, +1 408-583-3335
N. America (East), Texas, Midwest: Scott Coyne, firstname.lastname@example.org, +1 408-583-3395
Europe, Middle East, Africa: George Stojsavljevic, email@example.com, +44 755-488-1623
Japan, South Korea, China, Taiwan: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp
Infonetics Research (www.infonetics.com) is an international market research and consulting firm serving the communications industry since 1990. A leader in defining and tracking emerging and established technologies in all world regions, Infonetics helps clients plan, strategize, and compete effectively. View Infonetics’ About Us slides at http://bit.ly/QUrbrV.