DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/c3jjkz/tv_formats_in) has announced the addition of the "TV Formats in Europe" report to their offering.
The value created for European broadcasters by the 100 major TV formats was $2,745 million in 2012. The 2012 figure was 5.3% up on the 2011 total, despite the number of hours broadcast increasing by 19.3%.
Relative newcomer Money Drop was the top format title by value created in 2012; pushing Come Dine with Me into second place. The TV Formats in Europe report further states that The Voice entered the top 10 in 2012. Who Wants to Be a Millionaire was the top title in both 2009 and 2010, but had dropped to ninth in 2012.
Endemol ($711 million - 26% of the total) was the leading distributor by value created in 2012, followed by FremantleMedia ($456 million - 17%). ITV was third, with 10% of the total. So, these three distributors combined took 53% of the total value created.
These top three distributors accounted for half of the format hours screened in 2012. ITV Studios (5,425 hours) is the largest distributor by hours, mainly due to Come Dine with Me. FremantleMedia (3,316 hours and supplier of 13 titles in the top 100) and Endemol (4,231 hours and 12 titles) followed.
Published in March 2013, this 172-page (23% larger than the previous edition), PDF-delivered report covers 100 major formats (double the number covered in the previous edition) on 84 channels across 16 European territories; with extensive comparison tables.
Territory profiles include:
- Analysis of the formats in that market
- Overview of the TV market and the main channels
- Revenue generated by the top 100 formats by channel and country (2009-2012)
- Total hours of the top 100 formats by channel and country (2009-2012)
- Average value per hour for top formats (2009-2012)
- Formats as a percentage of each day part by channel (2011 and 2012)
- Breakdown of top formats' all-day hours by distributor (2009-2012)
- Breakdown of top formats' primetime hours by distributor (2009-2012)
- Value created by each distributor in 2012
- Format performance by title by channel in 2011 and 2012 (hours and revenues)
- Format hours by title by month screened in 2012
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/c3jjkz/tv_formats_in