LAKEVILLE-MIDDLEBORO, Mass.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Sometimes less is more when it comes to a healthy lifestyle. Even the simplest things can juice up your daily routine, helping you get more out of the day and take on that to-do list.
“Spring is the perfect time to start making every calorie count,” said Connie Diekman, RD, former President of the American Dietetic Association (now the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics). “Cutting back on calories doesn’t mean you have to dial back taste. In fact, opting for a diet juice drink over a full-calorie beverage can be a great way to enjoy all of the flavor with none of the guilt.”
Ocean Spray Diet Juice Drinks, with just five little calories per serving, provide a better-for-you choice any time of day for refreshment you can feel good about. Made from real fruit juice, each 8-ounce glass provides 100 percent of your daily Vitamin C and is available in a variety of bold, fruity flavors including cranberry, blueberry, cherry and sparkling flavors.
And to keep up a sunny disposition all year long, try Ocean Spray’s new Diet Cran•Lemonade®. With the bold, uplifting taste of sun-ripened cranberries, combined with the pure refreshment of lemonade, it’s like sunshine in a bottle! Each 8-ounce glass is the perfect five-calorie pick-me-up, made with real fruit juice to provide a better-for-you beverage choice.
This spring, show your body (and taste buds) a little love with these easy, breezy recipes and tips, compliments of the cranberry experts at Ocean Spray.
- Jump-start your day by making a good-for-you smoothie even better. The Diet Mixed Berry Smoothie is the perfect blend of fresh berries and low-fat yogurt, made even better with your favorite Ocean Spray Diet Juice Drink. Packed with a full day’s serving of Vitamin C, it’s a great-tasting, low-calorie alternative with the same crisp, bold taste as the original.
- Healthy meals don't have to be time consuming. Use last night’s leftovers, like grilled chicken, to create an easy, nutritious dish the whole family will love with Chicken Cranberry Almond Salad.
- Try Meatless Mondays. Going vegetarian once a week makes sure you’re not skimping on your veggie intake. Read more about it.
- Make it about just one meal. Banking calories now for a larger meal later may not be a good thing after all. Find out more here.
- Toast to a cocktail that’s full of flavor and fun with half the calories – the 5-0 Cosmo! Or if a mocktail is more your speed, go for it! Add a splash of club soda to your favorite Ocean Spray Diet Juice Drink for a tasty beverage that’s made from real fruit juice and provides 100 percent of your daily Vitamin C.
Looking for more great recipes to help jump-start your spring? Head to Diet.OceanSpray.com for tips, tricks and recipes to help you get more out of your day and your diet. Have your own tip worth sharing? Tweet your #Diet #Inspiration to @OceanSprayInc or share your healthy recipes on Ocean Spray’s Pinterest and Facebook pages.
About Ocean Spray
Ocean Spray is an agricultural cooperative owned by more than 700 cranberry growers in Massachusetts, Wisconsin, New Jersey, Oregon, Washington, Canada and Chile, as well as 35 Florida grapefruit growers. Ocean Spray was formed more than 80 years ago by three cranberry growers from Massachusetts and New Jersey. Florida grapefruit growers joined the Cooperative in 1976. Ocean Spray is North America’s leading producer of bottled juices and juice drinks, and has been the best-selling brand name in the bottled juice category since 1981. Ocean Spray posted fiscal 2012 gross sales of $2.2 billion and net proceeds of $338 million.