PORTLAND, Ore.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Elemental Technologies, the leading supplier of video solutions for multiscreen content delivery, today announced the launch of Elemental® Cloud, its Platform as a Service (PaaS) for securely managing the creation of premium live and on-demand content for delivery to every screen. Offering the industry’s most advanced architecture for video processing in the cloud, the platform dynamically scales resources and provides the flexibility of seamless integration with on-premise video operations.
The growth of multiscreen video is challenging media companies to provide a high-quality viewing experience in an increasingly dynamic environment. New consumer devices, delivery technologies and government regulations are inundating the market and existing video operations are becoming strained by evolving requirements and fluctuating processing volume. Elemental Cloud enables video providers to rapidly incorporate new standards and elastically scale capacity to keep pace with variable demand.
“Elemental Cloud has been developed in conjunction with several of the world’s premier media brands to allow video professionals to cost-effectively balance processing resources, while optimizing existing capital investments,” said Keith Wymbs, VP marketing at Elemental. “As a trusted supplier of multiscreen deployments in more than 40 countries, we are excited to deliver the increased flexibility, agility and value content programmers, pay TV operators, and studios will require over the next decade.”
The Elemental Cloud architecture includes several powerful design concepts for effective, economical and secure elastic video processing:
- Unified Management – Universal interface provides management of on-premise and cloud-based resources simultaneously
- Operational Flexibility – Utilize resources entirely in the cloud or in combination with on-premise infrastructure for a hybrid implementation
- Feature Parity – Video, audio and metadata outputs are identical, whether they’re processed on-premise or in the cloud
- Automated Administration – Easily deploy and dynamically scale virtual resources in a configurable manner
- Uncompromised Security – Autonomous deployments of dedicated resources for maximum asset protection
- Guaranteed Reliability – Robust redundancy with transparently replicated services and geographically distributed resources
Elemental will demonstrate its video processing PaaS April 8-11 at NAB in booth SU2724. Elemental and Amazon Web Services (AWS) are also co-hosting a cocktail reception in the Elemental booth on Tuesday, April 9, from 5 to 6 p.m. The reception will feature executives from AWS and Elemental speaking to the development of innovative cloud-based architectures for formatting large-scale video assets.
Elemental Technologies is the leading supplier of video solutions for multiscreen content delivery. Founded in 2006 and headquartered in Portland, Oregon, the company pioneered the use of graphics processors to power adaptive video streaming over IP networks. Providing unmatched solutions for more than 250 leading media franchises worldwide, Elemental helps pay TV operators, content programmers, film studios and sports broadcasters bring video to any screen, anytime – all at once. The company has offices in the United States, the United Kingdom, Hong Kong, Singapore and Brazil. To learn more, please visit http://www.elementaltechnologies.com/ and follow @elementaltech on Twitter.