DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/27brgk/ieee_802_11) has announced the addition of the "IEEE 802.11 Technologies Advances - Technologies and Markets Development" report to their offering.
This report concentrates on recent advances in the development of the Wi-Fi technology.
Particular, the report addresses a wide spectrum of Wi-Fi technologies, starting from legacy systems and showing unlimited potentials of IEEE 802.11; the standard is extended in the frequency and time domains to reveal such potentials.
The report shows that the work to enhance the Wi-Fi technology has never stopped. In particular, it addresses such recent developments:
1. 802.11n. The technology already produced a multi-billion market, improving such communications characteristics as the rate of transmission, coverage and other. It significantly increased the spectrum of Wi-Fi applications.
2. 60 GHz Wi-Fi. This is the Wi-Fi industry response on the users' new requirements to support gigabits per second rates of transmission over shorter ranges for such applications as a home/office distribution of HDVD and similar bandwidth-hunger applications.
3. White Spaces Wi-Fi (super Wi-Fi). This technology allows utilizing the property of sub-gigahertz transmission together with Wi-Fi advances.
4. Low-consumption Wi-Fi. Until recently, WLAN technologies could not compete with ZigBee, UWB and other low-consumption technologies. The creation of low-consumption Wi-Fi chips opened the doors for such applications as WSN in healthcare, manufacturing, building automation and many others.
5. sub -6 GHz Wi-Fi. This development allows gigabit per second speed and improves characteristics of IEEE 802.11n technology in the wide spectrum characteristics.
6. sub-1 GHz Wi-Fi (excluding White Spaces).
The report addresses technological, standardization and marketing features of these recent additions to the 802.11 family; it also includes a survey of vendors and related products.
Key Topics Covered:
2.0 Ieee 802.11N
3.0 60 Ghz Wi-Fi
4.0 Wi-Fi And White Spaces (White-Fi)
5.0 Low-Power Consumption Wi-Fi
6.0 Ieee 802.11Ac
7.0 Ieee 802.11Ah
Companies Mentioned - For a full list, please click here
- G2 Microsystems
- Metric Systems
- Motorola Solution
- Rf Monolithics
- Roving Networks
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/27brgk/ieee_802_11