BOSTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Market research firm Infonetics Research released excerpts from its 4th quarter (4Q12) and year-end Enterprise Telepresence and Video Conferencing Equipment report, which tracks dedicated and PBX-based video conferencing and telepresence infrastructure and endpoints (desktop, immersive telepresence, videophones, multipurpose rooms, and software).
“After a rotten early 2012, the video conferencing market appears to be turning the corner. On the heels of double-digit growth the previous quarter, revenue was up again in the 4th quarter, keeping full year revenue essentially flat,” reports Matthias Machowinski, directing analyst for enterprise networks and video at Infonetics Research. “Helping the market stay afloat were sales of PBX-based video endpoints, which more than doubled in 2012. PBX-based video is proving popular because it offers organizations a cost-effective way to enjoy multimedia communication using infrastructure they already have.”
TELEPRESENCE AND VIDEO CONFERENCING MARKET HIGHLIGHTS
- Globally, the enterprise video conferencing and telepresence market grew 10% sequentially in 4Q12, to $822 million
- In 2012, endpoint shipments rose 47%, driven by the growth of PBX-based video
- Revenue for nearly all dedicated videoconferencing systems declined in 2012, with some segments falling off significantly; only multipoint control units (MCUs) held steady
- Asia Pacific was the only region to notch positive revenue growth in 2012, up 11% over 2011
- Cisco and Polycom continue to lead the dedicated videoconferencing equipment market
- On a rollercoaster ride for the past 2 years, Infonetics expects the immersive telepresence segment to bounce back
- Factors driving the future growth of enterprise video include advances in and proliferation of technology (e.g., high-definition video, bandwidth); demographic and communication trends; and specific use cases such as telelearning and telemedicine
Infonetics’ quarterly video conferencing report provides worldwide and regional market size, vendor market share, forecasts through 2017, analysis, and trends for dedicated enterprise video equipment, including infrastructure (MCUs, other) and endpoints (desktop, immersive telepresence, multipurpose room, software-based), and PBX-based videophones and software. Vendors tracked: Avaya (Radvision), Cisco, Huawei, Logitech (LifeSize), Polycom, and others. To buy the report, contact Infonetics: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp.
- Infonetics’ latest Enterprise Voice, Video and UC research brief: http://bit.ly/10HEDT9
- Enterprise SBC market strong in N. America; Cisco, Acme Packet battle it out
- New high of $4 billion for wireless LAN market in 2012
- Solid year behind, better year ahead for Ethernet switch market
- PBX revenue falls despite demand; Unified communications vendor battle looming
- $377 billion to be spent on VoIP and UC services over next 5 years
UPCOMING MARKET SHARE/FORECAST REPORTS, SURVEYS & SCORECARDS
- North America Business VoIP Service Leadership Scorecard
- SIP Trunking and SBC Strategies: North American Enterprise Survey
- VoIP and UC Services and Subscribers
Visit https://www.infonetics.com/infonetics-events to learn more or register for Infonetics events.
- Using DPI and Metadata to Strengthen Cyber Security and SIEM (Mar. 27: Register)
- Deploying Enterprise SBCs to Facilitate SIP Trunking (Sponsorships available)
- The Future of Telepresence (Sponsorships available)
TO BUY REPORTS, CONTACT:
N. America (West), Asia, Latin America: Larry Howard, firstname.lastname@example.org, +1 408-583-3335
N. America (East), Texas, Midwest: Scott Coyne, email@example.com, +1 408-583-3395
Europe, Middle East, Africa: George Stojsavljevic, firstname.lastname@example.org, +44 755-488-1623
Japan, South Korea, China, Taiwan: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp
Infonetics Research (www.infonetics.com) is an international market research and consulting firm serving the communications industry since 1990. A leader in defining and tracking emerging and established technologies in all world regions, Infonetics helps clients plan, strategize, and compete effectively. View Infonetics’ About Us slides at http://bit.ly/QUrbrV.