DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/qpxjlw/epicast_report) has announced the addition of GlobalData's new report "EpiCast Report: Alzheimer's Disease - Epidemiology Forecast to 2022" to their offering.
Alzheimer's disease is the most common cause of dementia in people age 60 years and older and accounts for approximately 75% of the total dementia cases worldwide (Qui et al., 2009). The global prevalence of dementia is estimated to be 3.9% in people age 60 years and older, with an overall Alzheimer's disease prevalence of 9.7% in the US, 4.4% in Europe, and 3.4% in developing countries (Kalaria et al., 2008; Lobo et al., 2000; Plassman et al., 2007). An explosive increase in the number of prevalent cases of Alzheimer's disease in all nine markets is expected during the forecast period. GlobalData epidemiologists forecast that prevalent cases of Alzheimer's disease In the nine major markets (the US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, the UK, Japan, China, and India) are expected to increase from 12.53 million cases in 2012 to 16.72 million cases in 2022 with an annual growth rate (AGR) of 3.35%.
The global burden of the disease is expected to increase due to rapidly aging populations in different parts of the world. Currently, there is no cure for Alzheimer's disease (Mayo Clinic, 2013). Due to the progressive nature of Alzheimer's disease, along with the aging world population, there will be a significant demand for care of persons affected with the disease.
- The Alzheimer's disease EpiCast Report provides an overview of the risk factors and comorbidities associated with Alzheimer's disease, as well as global trends in prevalence in the seven major markets (the US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, the UK, and Japan) in addition to emerging marketsChina and India).
- It also includes a 10-year epidemiological forecast of prevalent cases of Alzheimer's segmented by sex and age (segmented by five-year age groups, beginning at age 60 years and ending at =90 years).
Reasons to buy
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global Alzheimer's disease market.
- Quantify patient populations in the global Alzheimer's disease market to improve product development, pricing, and launch plans.
- Organize sales and marketing efforts by identifying gender and age groups that present the best opportunities for Alzheimer's therapeutics in each of the markets covered.
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/qpxjlw/epicast_report